Overread

Forum Painting Competition - September - Dystopian Wars

This competition is open to all members of the forums, all you need are models, paints and a camera.

Rules:

1) Competition will run for one month, ending on September 30/October 1st

2) Photos of the final painted models must be posted before the end date.

3) Models submitted must be painted only during the month itself.

To start taking part:

1) take a single photo showing the models you are submitting for the competition and submit it to this thread. Models can be unprimed or primed only.

2) Before the end date post a final version of the models, fully painted.

It is appreciated, but not essential to post photos of your models during the competition showing the stages of the painting. You don't have to show every brush stroke, but a few stages is appreciated and should help to keep interest up and remind you to get on and paint them .

Month theme is Large, which means any of the following models (blisters of) are viable:

1 Battleship

1 Dreadnought

1 Large flier

1 Carrier

1 Air carrier

1 Land Carrier

1 Ika Class Mechanical Squid

1 Metzger Class Robot (Walking)

1 Bunker Complex (any faction)

So that's enough rambling, get your camera out and get painting, remember whilst early photos don't have to be the best do try to get clear, well lit photos for the final shots as these will be the versions that we see to judge from.

If you have any further questions or ideas please do feel free to ask them; however I would appreciate it if you could ask them here: http://community.spa...tionsideas/Good luck everyone.

How about Landships? Not that I will be participating but just a question.

I don't own a landship, but from my rough size guesses I estimated it to be a bit smaller than the rest of the large models so the landships appeared in the "medium" painting competition. The sizes are more aligned to model size and blister number as opposed to in-game unit sizes.

1) Competition will run for one month, ending on October 30th/November 1st

September competition ending in October, is this going to be a 2 month competition, or is that a brain fart/typo?

Either way, I think I'll be joining with my Tsukuyomi Class War Gyro. Pick to follow when I can find my camera.

September competition ending in October, is this going to be a 2 month competition, or is that a brain fart/typo?

Ahh you spotted that, I was, I was just waiting for someone to point out that deliberate mistake. No slipping mistakes past the beady eyes of Dystopian Wars players, but we have to test now and then to make sure we're all in tip top shape!

*yeah they'll totally buy that excuse! ....*