Sky_Admiral

Official Kurak Alliance Thread: Hawker Industries

now that the terrans and hawker ships fill nearly the same roll what will they do to remake the hawker fleets?

The Beta Test Crew is still balancing the League/Alliance factions. So we can not comment at this time.

I will give it a read again, but I'm not recalling anything on Gravity Weapons.

Maybe, hopefully, without any distractions from the wifey, I will find the weapon listing. (Women can be a pest sometimes). :D

Tarakians have a ship design that should see more tabletop exposure. I love their design, and I hope that their abilities/traits go hand-in-hand with their fluff.

Lastly, I would love to see an Assault Ship or Heavy Cruiser with this fleet.... Or a TORPEDO Battleship! :o

Yes? Yes?

A Torpedo Battleship?!?!

:P

i can see how they tried to make the Battleship different than terrans but the cruiser is a waterd down Heavy cruiser and the frigate is an expensive mesh of both terran frigates that has more of a charge in torping and broadside as you pass. Altogether more of a MK1.5 feel from hawker and the terrans are Mk2.

I can see the Battleship being used and the crusers being used as cheep heavy cruisers to shunt in for a hit or two.

I see the Resolute Cruisers getting a lot of play. 12AD of Nuclear Turrets is pretty awesome, and they get that turret without sacrificing the Torps like the Hauberk does. They're more of a generalist, and I see them excelling at targeting multiple ships at a time. 12 AD is enough to crit most cruisers, and then 10 should at least net a hit. You could do some serious damage to a squadron with these guys. I like the sound of that for sure.

I'm underwhelmed that these guys are actually shorter ranged than terrans and do in generaly the same thing. They add next to no tactical flexibility to Terrans. Cyberwarfare is going to waht scare a frigate outside of 16" rather of just saved points and not had a RB3. Nuke uprageds even more expensive than Terran options. BB I can see +2MV and cyber making it 205 and doubt will see much else in use for it and the cruisers maybe weapon sheilding for a light heavy cruiser at 210. Frigates are 140  with no options. i see very little variation to a Hawker list or allies list beyond this.

Best I've managed is 1180, aiming for 1200.

Ended up with:

2 x Excelsior Battleships

Cyberwarfare Weapons

+ 1 Hp

Ops Centre

Nuclear Turrets

Secured Bulkheads

2 x 3 Resolute Cruisers

Weapon Shielding

Nuclear Turrets

2 x 4 Endeavour Frigates

Alternatively drop a Battleship for another Cruiser group. Hawker are missing a lot of tools like most alliance factions.

Its got 3 ships, honestly its probaly not going to be worthwhile or terrible entertaining to field a pure Hawker fleet without the gubbins like other alliances get.  

Xelocians are even worse, amazingly you cant field their Dreadnaught right now in anything other than a Support Fleet, or a 1500pt game where the dreadnaught isnt given the option to be fully upgraded!

I hope that Hawker or Xelocians get fleshed out fully when Spartan gets around to filling out a Kurak faction.  My money is on the Xelocians cause at least then we might get to see the Shantu.