Sign in to follow this  
Robock

Turn Card Order, And Tft Mars Rerolls

Hello,

Last weekend I played with my brother using only Naval Starters boxes. Our previous games all were on kitchen table (3' x 4.5') using no terrain. This time I had some wooden board to bring the table to 4' x 4.5' and we had 6 small 4" diameter islands. It was our first time using Air models/tokens and STAR Cards, and also our first time since version 1.1 (using 1.0 rulebook and the online pdf).

First question :

On turn 2, we both put face-down a Turn Card, then we flipped them at the same time.

He played the card that goes "opponent discard whole hand and draw two card" and I played the "draw two card, you may exceed hand limit until end of turn". So which card triggers first ? Do I end up with 2 cards or 4 ?

Second question :

A lot of TFT have a MAR about rerolling abort/destroyed. Can the rerolling result in a worse result than the initial roll ?

Ex 1 : Rolling AA6, I get 3 abort and 1 destroy. Rerolling 4 dices (reroll abort/destroy), can it end up with 0 abort and 4 destroy ?

Ex 2 : Rolling AA6, I get 2 abort and 1 destroy. Rerolling 2 dices (reroll abort only), can it end up with 2 destroy for a total of 3 destroy ?

Third question :

There is a STAR Card that goes like "choose 5 card from discard pile, put them in any order on opponent deck". How do we play that card when we share the same deck, draw pile, and discard pile ? Or are we suppose to split ? I know we can play with a shared deck.

1) Use the initiative order from the previous turn. If you went first last turn, your card goes off first. On the first turn you roll off to decide.

2) None off the TFAR's make your opponent re-roll dice, Big Fuel Tanks and Acrobatic Pilots function more like shields than re-rolls.

Big Fuel Tanks example: 6 AA, 3 abort, 1 destroyed. you would roll 1D6 per abort result, each 5 or 6 prevents one abort. So if you roll 2,3,6 the final results would be 2 abort, 1 destroyed. Acrobatic Pilots works in the same fashion against destroyed results.

1) Use the initiative order from the previous turn. If you went first last turn, your card goes off first. On the first turn you roll off to decide.

2) None off the TFAR's make your opponent re-roll dice, Big Fuel Tanks and Acrobatic Pilots function more like shields than re-rolls.

Big Fuel Tanks example: 6 AA, 3 abort, 1 destroyed. you would roll 1D6 per abort result, each 5 or 6 prevents one abort. So if you roll 2,3,6 the final results would be 2 abort, 1 destroyed. Acrobatic Pilots works in the same fashion against destroyed results.

Yeah I just realized that Big Fuel Tanks and Acrobatic Pilots functions like shield. As for Dive Bomber, I just bought a Fleet Carrier and realized that the new TFT Card now say you calculate Abort againts the before-destroyed wingsize. On the old card it was saying you reroll all abort. Well thank you for the answers.

As for Dive Bomber, I just bought a Fleet Carrier and realized that the new TFT Card now say you calculate Abort againts the before-destroyed wingsize. On the old card it was saying you reroll all abort. Well thank you for the answers.

I'm sure you know this, but the Vertical Dive MAR only applies to your Prussian Dive Bombers - if your brother plays a different nation, his don't do that.