Sign in to follow this  
geekoo

Flying units + other questions + new releases

Hello,

We are launching a little game this week-end with 3 friends. Ready to come back to Dystopian wars, nevertheless I have a few questions and observations.

1. I do not see yet releases of aerial units. Any idea if this part is going to be developed/added later? Loved all the choices you had with Spartan games for aerial units. It added so much to the game. I used to play Blazing sun, the choice was wonderful: Bombers, Suzuka heavy bombers, Inari scout gyro, carriers etc... 
    For me it's really an important part of the game, it adds so much flavor, tactics, it would be a real mistake not to develop this part.
  2. Talking about releases , and future concept, I do not see much really. If I remember correctly Spartan games was very active, showing 3D concepts of future releases etc... Here it seems so quite... it's a little worrying for new comers to join a "new" game... Is Warcradle studio still active? 
  3. And lastly on the worrying side still, this forum is also not very active... Is there another active forum elsewhere? 

Voilà I am a little worried to be honest to dive in a new version of the game, as I do not see a lot of com from Warcradle, a dead forum... really strange...

Regards

On 4/14/2022 at 9:50 PM, geekoo said:

Hello,

We are launching a little game this week-end with 3 friends. Ready to come back to Dystopian wars, nevertheless I have a few questions and observations.

1. I do not see yet releases of aerial units. Any idea if this part is going to be developed/added later? Loved all the choices you had with Spartan games for aerial units. It added so much to the game. I used to play Blazing sun, the choice was wonderful: Bombers, Suzuka heavy bombers, Inari scout gyro, carriers etc... 
    For me it's really an important part of the game, it adds so much flavor, tactics, it would be a real mistake not to develop this part.
  2. Talking about releases , and future concept, I do not see much really. If I remember correctly Spartan games was very active, showing 3D concepts of future releases etc... Here it seems so quite... it's a little worrying for new comers to join a "new" game... Is Warcradle studio still active? 
  3. And lastly on the worrying side still, this forum is also not very active... Is there another active forum elsewhere? 

Voilà I am a little worried to be honest to dive in a new version of the game, as I do not see a lot of com from Warcradle, a dead forum... really strange...

Regards

Hey mate, I hope you guys enjoy the weekend, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

1) There are at least one flying unit I am aware of in the game (X52 Patriot Automata for the Union), and my understanding is that the intention is for the developers to release more and more. There has been a sequence of releases over time to get the naval stuff going first. Likely we will see more stuff over the next year, but I cannot confirm anything. 

2) The release communication for Warcradle is quite poor, I agree. Another user here mentioned the same thing, and that they actually felt way more engaged with a game as they got that communication. Not to say that's for everyone, but I totally get you. The main activity I'm aware of is a facebook group, but as with all things facebook that has a considerable amount of cons with it. I'm not on it, and have only interacted in passing so I can't comment on how much the business communicates with people there. However, Warcradle has been actively changing the ORBATs fairly regularly, as well as consistent model releases so I would say they are still reasonably engaged with the game.

3) Lol, yeah, this forum is super inactive. It's like 6-10 people occasionally posting. I'm not aware of any other area sadly so can't help you on this one. I'm usually around to reply but only having one person is bad because there would be SO MANY things I don't think of or don't know. Hopefully it picks up with some interest.

You're right to worry, I've listed some concerns myself regarding the game. Models are all well and good, and some people just collect... but most buy to play the game, so that is where the focus needs to be. If you have old models, use those at the least and play a few games. That way you have a data point to decide if you like it enough to invest or not. I'm a proponent of try something first at the least (generally speaking). I have my suspicions about the intentions of the business... but I think we can really only make decisions based on what we can observe, and so far they have been mostly active at this stage.