Nucreum

Very confused about 2 players starter box

Hello, 

I bought the Hunt for the Prometheus game box for 2 players (French version) and I'm very confused. 

Firstly, on the cover of the rulebook it is written v1.01, but inside it's written v1.09.

Then, there is no units stats at all. No cards, not written in any page. Why? The box and ads says there is inside everything we need to play, but how are we supposed to play without stats?? 

Do I have to download unit cards from the website and print them myself? Why is there no mention of this procedure in the game box?

Why on some units is there written v1.02a, while on others it is written v1.02? Which is the most recent?

Are v1.02/v1.02a unit cards the right ones for the v1.09 rulebook?

And why is there no French translation for units cards (at least ones from the box)? Why players must speak a fluent English to play a French version of the game? 

If the game box is out, why everything smells strongly like an alpha/beta?

No stats in the box, considering the very high price of it, is a huge huge disappointment.  

(edit: not to mention the lack of assembly guide in the game box aswell...) 

I got the English version of the box. There were 3 books inside it. One with the rules, one Campaign booklet with a few scenarios and one "Read this first" with an assembly guide, reference sheet and the stat cards for the box in it. (The English Version is also available to download: Hunt for the Prometheus - Getting started ). Seems your box is missing this booklet. Get in touch with Warcradle, as far as I know, these booklets were translated as well.

Aloha,

you are wright!
In the box is not all you need to play the game.... sadly!

I bought myself the german version and i think it will be the same in the french version of the box.
You should have 2 Books .... one is the core rule book an one is the scenario book.
Both of them should be translated to french!
If you open your scenario book an read the first page you will find a text which says that you have to go online for the shipcards aswell for the assamble instructions.

In my opinion this is a huge mistake from warcradle and you are absolutely wright!
If you  buy a starterbox everthing to play including shipcards, assamble instructions etc. should be inside!

The shipcards will only be aviable in english ... i know ... the next (little) mistake.... 
I hope they will translate them in the future but our german guy who is responsible for the whole translation of the books didn't receive any order to do so :/
So it seems that you have to stick with the english cards or translate them by yourself :/

I think to get all the information... for free and updated... per download is a really good desicion... but they saved their money here on the wrong place :/ (german phrase^^)

PS: In the german community was long time the question WHICH of the ships should be assambled to play the scenario in a balanced way. => https://www.dystopianwars.com/assets/dystopianWars/pdfs/rules/Hunt-for-the-Prometheus_Getting-Started_2021-02-28-110134.pdf

54 minutes ago, Phant Mastik said:

I got the English version of the box. There were 3 books inside it. One with the rules, one Campaign booklet with a few scenarios and one "Read this first" with an assembly guide, reference sheet and the stat cards for the box in it. (The English Version is also available to download: Hunt for the Prometheus - Getting started ). Seems your box is missing this booklet. Get in touch with Warcradle, as far as I know, these booklets were translated as well.

Like Germans don't have it aswell, it is more likely Warcradle instead of translating it, just removed it from the boxes... <_<

The French translator told me he did not had this booklet to translate  

Huh, seems they did buy not only the IP from Spartan Games...

It would have been nice to put the English version into the box rather than nothing.

And that's why I stopped buying translations (regardless of the company). Sooner (in this case from the beginning) or later, they're stopping support and you end up with supplements in different languages, mixing game terms and special rule's names will get confusing...

On 3/24/2021 at 3:42 AM, Bumblefox said:

I bought the English version here in the USA, and it did not include the third book either.  Just FYI

How did you buy the box in the US? I tried ordering from the online store but it said there was no route to my address.

12 hours ago, Admiral_Fox said:

How did you buy the box in the US? I tried ordering from the online store but it said there was no route to my address.

Through miniaturemarket.com, though I did order additional light forces packs from the UK through https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/ and got them here in Dallas

Starter set: https://www.miniaturemarket.com/wcdwa990005.html

On 3/23/2021 at 9:49 AM, Nucreum said:

Like Germans don't have it aswell, it is more likely Warcradle instead of translating it, just removed it from the boxes... <_<

The French translator told me he did not had this booklet to translate  

Same problem with the Spanish version of the Starter Box

On 4/3/2021 at 1:52 PM, Admiral_Fox said:

Amazon for 95 with prime shipping. I had to wait as it wasn't available right away.