Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Jones

Six arcs/hex base

It is the one one the left. I can't find the quote on Facebook with the arc names, but I think the arcs are something like:

• Fore
  • Aft
  • Port/Starboard Fore (or was it Fore Port/Starboard?)
  • Port/Starboard Aft

On 5/25/2020 at 5:29 PM, Commodore Jones said:

I just realized this means we will now need two different arc templates.  I'm starting to dread what the complexity of a single template is going to look like, or if we'll have multiple templates to deal with.

Why would we need 2 different templates?  From my understanding, we have 6 arcs instead of 4, so each would be a 60-degree arc from that hex facing.  Fore, Fore P/S, Aft P/S, Aft, instead of Fore, P/S, Aft.

Well don't forget I'm  a discalculic retard here, so I thought from the looks of it the port/starboard  arcs would be a slightly different angle than the front/aft and require different arc templates.

I'll admit I'm wrong about math stuff.

I tend to agree Small Mek.  With the hint dropped that squadron movement is now precisely measure the lead ship, then place the rest in base contact (full edge to full edge), additional edges allow more flexibility there.