Sign in to follow this  
mutantpoo

Veydreth Pic Up !

I have just one problem with the design of that ship: Apparent Scale.

Going on the engines, and the weaponry at the front, anyone who sees it for the first time is likely to assume that it's a moderately large atmospheric gunship (say the size of Mi-24D or similar), not a kilometre long spacecraft. The side ports could easily be seen as smoke discharges, and the smaller turrets as an advanced anti-missile system. The central section could also be an air-droppable cargo unit. In this case, the design is made of pure win.

As a warship though… not quite as much.

That's just my personal opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I have just one problem with the design of that ship: Apparent Scale.

Going on the engines, and the weaponry at the front, anyone who sees it for the first time is likely to assume that it's a moderately large atmospheric gunship (say the size of Mi-24D or similar), not a kilometre long spacecraft. The side ports could easily be seen as smoke discharges, and the smaller turrets as an advanced anti-missile system. The central section could also be an air-droppable cargo unit. In this case, the design is made of pure win.

As a warship though… not quite as much.

That's just my personal opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt.

ORKHUGS mentioned that in another thread as well. It does look very much like the Reaver skiff from Serenity to me.

ReaverLandingShips-Serenity.png

I think you are right with some of the descriptions. However it doesnt look bad and not all the races/fleets must have a "normal" space ship design. I appreciate that they try such things and it definitly stands out with some of the design decitions.

Probably not but it could be not an actual harpoon. It could be a ray/beam and made to look like a harpoon in keeping with their less advanced tech past where maybe they did use space harpoons ? The Veydreth ships might end up being smaller than other race's ships too so the harpoon , if it's like a real harpoon, may not seem that big on the table. I do hope it is a real harpoon though. I would imagine if it is it's range would be range band 1 only unless half the ship is filled with 'space cord" , lol