Sign in to follow this  
average joe

So What's The Next Topic To Go Nuclear?

We, the serene and somewhat haughty, (also completely ignored by SG) Uncharted Seas Players thoroughly enjoyed the extraordinary nerd rage fit that saw Spartan Games capitulate and bring back the Core Fleet MAR's. On behalf of all of us (I think we are up to 6 or 7 active posters) I congratulate you and ask which topic will you explode about next? We thought if we could have some advance notice we may be able to do some research on the subject. All to better enjoy the "discussion". ;)

Next topic will probably be one of the following:

- Upcoming A5-sized Campain Booklet (why did you change the stats for ship xxx it totally rocked in the old pdf now it sucks hard)

- Racial MARs pdf upload: Either rage about too many/bad changes or rage about too less changes (select what you like :D )

- Is DE42. veritechc, ravager or alexman (sry whomever finds himself a competitor that i didn't mention) the biggest FA community nerd (and we already know the answer :rolleyes: )

- We NEED more preview pictures of ...

- Did you really delete the Vo'Nar from FA Unisverse?

- Marauders were "MY" faction why did you completely change them (in the upcoming campaign booklet) after i won the competition about them ("the one" will know who is meant)

- new Marauder/Brethren ship models don't work with the really beautyful old design...

I think thats enough to chose from. Noone meant to be insulted here, just a fun answer so dont take it personally.

BTW: (BTW i look into all forum parts here and have minis of all systems, I'm mostly posting in FA section but not only)

You US guys feel ignored but you got:

- Blog post on your new rulebook

- Free movement templates when buying the new rulebook

- Featured quite a few blog posts (battle reports) lately from the one gaming group

On behalf of all of us (I think we are up to 6 or 7 active posters) I congratulate you and ask which topic will you explode about next?

I think this forum game is broken. The different posters aren't balanced against each other. Community is a terrible name for this game! Can we have it changed to Flamestorm: Assembly?

I find this setup is imbalanced in favor of those forum members who have less work hours than others. I demand Spartan release me a new schedule where I still get paid a livable wage but only have to work eight hours a week.

Ha I'm with you on this one.

I find this setup is imbalanced in favor of those forum members who have less work hours than others. I demand Spartan release me a new schedule where I still get paid a livable wage but only have to work eight hours a week.

Work? I have been out of work for almost 5 years. I don't have to work, But will be looking for work next month. It is hard to find a job with no real skills.

Hahahaha! Awesomeness. I'll have to "Like" that post tomorrow when my Likes refresh.

We, the serene and somewhat haughty, (also completely ignored by SG) Uncharted Seas Players thoroughly enjoyed the extraordinary nerd rage fit that saw Spartan Games capitulate and bring back the Core Fleet MAR's. On behalf of all of us (I think we are up to 6 or 7 active posters) I congratulate you and ask which topic will you explode about next? We thought if we could have some advance notice we may be able to do some research on the subject. All to better enjoy the "discussion". ;)

I always figured we were the Problem Children for Spartan.

You know there is always a place for you in Firestorm Armada. I hear the mechanics are similar. Besides we have ships that can blow up the planets you play on, lol.

Nothing like a little friendly inter-genre taunting. I'm glad no one took offense.

BTW: (BTW i look into all forum parts here and have minis of all systems, I'm mostly posting in FA section but not only)

You US guys feel ignored but you got:

- Blog post on your new rulebook

- Free movement templates when buying the new rulebook

- Featured quite a few blog posts (battle reports) lately from the one gaming group

Ignored as in they don't answer our rules questions. They stealth dropped an E/C pdf which didn't answer any of our rules questions.

You know there is always a place for you in Firestorm Armada. I hear the mechanics are similar. Besides we have ships that can blow up the planets you play on, lol.

I decided quite a long time ago (not as long as it took to get UCS' new rulebook, but close) to pick up Firestorm Armada. Before committing I have been waiting for the FA update and the dust to settle. I've got a couple hundred dollars in DW minis that I've got boxed up and will not play with. At least not for a long time. That game is a mess. Besides I think there is another game that is soon to be released that will satisfy my air/land combat itch.

Nothing like a little friendly inter-genre taunting. I'm glad no one took offense.

Absolutely now offence was intended I asure you.

I decided quite a long time ago (not as long as it took to get UCS' new rulebook, but close) to pick up Firestorm Armada. Before committing I have been waiting for the FA update and the dust to settle. I've got a couple hundred dollars in DW minis that I've got boxed up and will not play with. At least not for a long time. That game is a mess. Besides I think there is another game that is soon to be released that will satisfy my air/land combat itch.

Glad to know we will be seeing you here more often. I hope you have seen The Black Ocean as it is a Sci Fi War gaming support site and has a bunch of information for Firestorm. I'd like to know what game you are looking at but since its probably a competitor to Spartan please do not post it here. send me an email at chris@theblackocean.com and let me know.

I'm another active UCS forumite and have two Firestorm fleets and, sadly, a version 1.0 rule book. I bought these a week before the announcement of DW. It appeared at the time there were great things happening and decided to wait until the major improvements made their way to print. I bought all four DW fleets and played until v1.1 came out. I've sunk a bit more that Joe in that game and now the DW resin I have is also sitting and collecting dust. The new UCS rule book was a disappointment and after following the commotion up here, decided I'd wait longer before getting an FSA hard back book. I am not fond of the Dystopiafaction of UCS and it sounds that this has also bled into FSA. One of the great strengths of each game was their unique take on the very core mechanic. I'm sorry for the rambling rant and hope the v2.1 rules make their way to print soon!

I'm another active UCS forumite and have two Firestorm fleets and, sadly, a version 1.0 rule book. I bought these a week before the announcement of DW. It appeared at the time there were great things happening and decided to wait until the major improvements made their way to print. I bought all four DW fleets and played until v1.1 came out. I've sunk a bit more that Joe in that game and now the DW resin I have is also sitting and collecting dust. The new UCS rule book was a disappointment and after following the commotion up here, decided I'd wait longer before getting an FSA hard back book. I am not fond of the Dystopiafaction of UCS and it sounds that this has also bled into FSA. One of the great strengths of each game was their unique take on the very core mechanic. I'm sorry for the rambling rant and hope the v2.1 rules make their way to print soon!

I do not know either Dystopian Wars or Uncharted Seas. But I do know that I liked the previous version of Firestorm. Hopefully after the dust settles we will have a version that is both simple and unique. If we do not there are quite a few here who will make house rules to make Firestorm play, well just about any way you want.

Thank you for popping on over. I did not know that anyone didn't play Dystopian Wars from all the effort that Spartan puts towards it. I hope they will dedicate a few people to Firestorm and get it rolling. Firebase Delta and The Black Ocean are hoping to host an "event" at Adapticon 2013. We need all these issues ironed out so we can push this community forward!

In all seriousness, in response to the original post FA is the only ruleset with outside competition. There are dozens of viable spaceship games that use similar sized models. Sci-fi is a big genre. FA players can very easily compare the Spartan system to other competitor's systems. If the players are upset they can move on to the next game. I imagine this is in the back of somebody's mind at Spartan.

DW and US are really unique little niches. Who else produces fantasy naval combat games? Where else can you play steampunk sea and land battles?

Where are you going to go if you don't like it? :unsure:

In all seriousness, in response to the original post FA is the only ruleset with outside competition. There are dozens of viable spaceship games that use similar sized models. Sci-fi is a big genre. FA players can very easily compare the Spartan system to other competitor's systems. If the players are upset they can move on to the next game. I imagine this is in the back of somebody's mind.

DW and US are really unique little niches. Who else produces fantasy naval combat games? Where else can you play steampunk sea and land battles?

Where are you going to go if you don't like it? :unsure:

That's a great point. That's why having something special like being able to build your own ships is important. Hopefully someday we will see it again.

That's a great point. That's why having something special like being able to build your own ships is important. Hopefully someday we will see it again.

In all honesty theres no reason you still can't. From what I understand, I myself never messed with them, the rules giveb in the v1 book for ship building are still valied. A few of the MkII and destroyer point are off but other then that all the new ships still follow the same building rules.

Sorry, I meant somebody's mind at Spartan, not any of the players.

I edited my post, it wasn't very clear. :wacko: It put a different spin on it than I intended.

If you are a Cola manufacturer, and there are 12 other kinds of cola out there, it just makes good business sense to make yours taste the best to the people drinking it.

Sorry, I meant somebody's mind at Spartan, not any of the players.

I edited my post, it wasn't very clear. :wacko: It put a different spin on it than I intended.

If you are a Cola manufacturer, and there are 12 other kinds of cola out there, it just makes good business sense to make yours taste the best to the people drinking it.

Of course, taste is subjective. And good thing, too. I'd hate to live in a world where there was only one kind of Cola.