RuleBritannia

The Albion demi dread

There are some experimental stats left by Spartan before they fell along with the rest of Canucks.  So ablative armour, rugged 2, shield 3, very heavy broadsides and decent mortar with area effect, and as you say decent ramming.   Full Canuck list here https://drive.google.com/open?id=15IvT5_H2h_BoJqelSAMowoxBCNqtmKDA

image.png

My group  play tested the Canadian and  STO units and overall they were pretty good. This one though, we were in large discussions with because everyone in our group found it too expensive for what it does. As an example, look at a stripped down 2.0 Enterprise at 10 points less... It would eat an Albion alive.  

If it helps, our last bit of back and forth had some changes including the following::

Points lowered to 255

Range 3 and 4 on mortar upper to 7

Range 1 broadsides upped to 14 to make it a stead drop across the line.  

Try it out with these changes and tell me what you think!!

Remember though, these stats were never finalized, so tweak them to yall's hears content.  Tweak them to where they are playable in your group, without being overpowered. If interested, I have our stats that were a little more refined through the process. PM me if you would like them!!!

The thing with the Albion is you have to consider how it performs as it takes damage, they Enterprises damage would tail off long before the Albions did. If too don’t crack that ablative armour quickly, it will spark damage while its own guns are still strong.

12 minutes ago, Asuo said:

The thing with the Albion is you have to consider how it performs as it takes damage, they Enterprises damage would tail off long before the Albions did. If too don’t crack that ablative armour quickly, it will spark damage while its own guns are still strong.

That is true, but through all of the games we played, getting it into gun range undamaged was found to be difficult.  The issue was not just dreads, but many units that hit hard in Range 3 and 4 could sit back a little and hit.it with impunity. Since it really oy has dread stats for half its life, and its shields come with a negative, we decided to steer it price wise in between a heavy BB and a dread. Our group found that at 250-255, it is in that sweet spot for usability.

Like I said before, since these stats were never finalized, feel free to tweak how you want, and feel free to ask questions on these units as well, I will gladly help!!

When I was addressing the stats in the file you are using I choose to leave the points as they were, the idea behind the ship was not a damage dealer, it’s a bullet sponge. 

if someone is pouring fire into it then their not hitting the smaller ones, the Canadians are very spongy, like the British they really start to shine mid game.

The interesting thing about the Albion is that it was going to be in the KOB list, not Canadian. The Canadians would have had access to them via lend lease, which while wierd, would have worked...  There were Canadian versions of the Hawk and Eagle that were actually useful, and our group adopted those stats for the KOB versions as well.