RuleBritannia

More info on 3.0 imminent?

I'm hoping this is the quiet before the storm - esp since Dropfleet/zone is going thruogh a big update and is basically the current biggest competitor for the space and ground market (after starwars in the space market though as that is pre-painted and star wars its in a league of its own really). 

I agree this first half a year has been rather quiet after we got quite a bit of news in the build up to last christmas. That said I hope its just Warcradle taking their time to get things right so that we get a really powerful successful launch! It's just in that ugly phase of development where there isn't much to reliably market nor talk about in the open. 

The issue is if you start to build up hype you have to keep it going, if you let it drop then its twice as hard to get the momentum going again.  Its better to show one or two thinkgs every couple of months than 7 or 8 in one go then a 6 month period before you show the next thing.

Example of how not to do it is Star Wars Armada where they announced the SSD, the next con showed it off put two articles up.... a year later still nothing more, not even a release date!  It kills off any enthusiasm for the game system as a whole

Aye its something Spartan Games did a lot to the community - preview something way too early and then nothing - anyone remember leviathans which they previewed years ago and then never released - not even a hint until their last ditch panic kickstarter which then folded as the company died. 

I do remember a lot more updates, renders and blogposts that were at least monthly talking about DWars up to its release and built hype.  If we are only six months away from launch, and the Beta is nearly done and models coming on stream it would be good to get people excited.  Especially with two new games making people wonder if DWars is, rightly or wrongly, being put on a backburner.

14 minutes ago, RuleBritannia said:

Especially with two new games making people wonder if DWars is, rightly or wrongly, being put on a backburner.

Stuart from Warcradle already mentioned that LWX is definitely released at the end of the year AFTER Dystopian Wars hits the shelves.

But it was in one of those videos you haven't watched.

1 hour ago, Burson_Carpathian said:

Stuart from Warcradle already mentioned that LWX is definitely released at the end of the year AFTER Dystopian Wars hits the shelves.

But it was in one of those videos you haven't watched.

As Lord Nat said, videos aren't very helpful to the slightly older skewing wargamer community.   And I was talking about impressions, rightly or wrongly that are being given, with LWX and Bill and Ted getting renders and even a finished model released while DWars has had nothing in months.  This is the same problem people had with Spartan where certain systems would get a lot of love, particularly if new, and other systems languished.  Getting the balance and message right on the right channels isn't easy, I'm just noting that this was a gap in the messaging that it would great to see resolved to get people more excited. 

Actually this is something that GW are getting right at the moment with the Sister of Battle release....

Its something that the community has been asking for so they announced it with a beta of the rules since then they have done a little article once a fortnight giving a dribble of information, some weeks its just a case of here we've painted this model look at how we've made the black look different .. but its something  regular keeping people who have been looking forward to it hyped and not spending their hobby money else where (for the most part).   Where as for DW I'm one of 3/4 people at my local club with fleet(s) and the only one whos taking ANY notice of whats going on, the thought is   well theres no info so I'll carry on playing these other systems.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:24 PM, Lord Nat said:

Actually this is something that GW are getting right at the moment with the Sister of Battle release....

Its something that the community has been asking for so they announced it with a beta of the rules since then they have done a little article once a fortnight giving a dribble of information, some weeks its just a case of here we've painted this model look at how we've made the black look different .. but its something  regular keeping people who have been looking forward to it hyped and not spending their hobby money else where (for the most part).   Where as for DW I'm one of 3/4 people at my local club with fleet(s) and the only one whos taking ANY notice of whats going on, the thought is   well theres no info so I'll carry on playing these other systems.

Lord Nat that sounds a cool idea!  Imagine just getting an article where the designer gushes about the new design and shows how she or he painted it.  It would really start building some excitement.  Delboy's threads as a designer were fantastic for that, talking about the model and rules development in tandem.  I get its a big job, and I get that changing a system that people are passionate about builds a bit of negativity, but the best way to combat that fatigue and build positive energy is to get something to be positive about.   

No news are bad for any company.

This state takes to my friend and me to DW 2.5 and the classics (Spartan´s) ships and scenery.

We are looking for ships and scenery for 2.5. 3.0 is far to us now.

We are spending a lot of money now. Hard to know if we will get 3.0 ships...

Well guess my DW stuff is going back in to the cupboard until next year.... along with this account!

If the blog announcement says they'll be doing DW BETA games at Spiel '19 in Oct. there is either 0 chance of a release before christmass OR they arent sure of what their time scales are......

In October, we will be at Spiel '19 for the best four days of gaming that Germany has to offer.

If you’re heading to the Messe Essen too, why not meet up with your friends and come and play Wild West Exodus, the beta of Dystopian Wars, and talk about the future of Warcradle Studios' games systems with our team?