Lord Nat

Permissions to see new posts

I have already raised this with Warcradle support team via the  contact us link....

However is anyone else only seeing new posts on the front page list and not anywhere else?  including the 'latest posts' side bar and the sub forums themselves?

I'm seeing this on the broadcast posts, eg the one about Bill & Ted game & the one about WWX June previews.

Edited by Lord Nat
change of wording

I can see new posts on the "latest posts" tab over on the right (like this new thread that appeared); as well as in the forums normal pages. That said I've got moderator access so if there is something glitching in permissions I might not see it.

Have you made sure to

1) Clear your web cache

2) Try a different browser

3) If you can try a different computer/phone/tablet or even different connection (eg work/school/friends). 

Different device, same issue I’m afraid.

Zak had emailed me saying the issue with the bill and teds post was fixed, and it was with no input from me.  However the under lying problem is still there.

i did reply to the support email with full details & was just wondering if the issue was unique to my account.

It's hard to say until we get other regular users posting in this thread. Hopefully if others are suffering the same problem either they can post here or email wayland direct with details. 

Update - something has changed in the last couple of hours on this... I can now read the threads & a number of other ones I hadnt seen before have become visible. 

Thank you to the webmaster!

The same problem has occured with the new News post 'Vignette #18 - The Price'

Guest (ie not logged in accounts) have the same issue as mine... and give the same Error code 2S136/V

This is tested from 3 browsers on a (work) PC, chrome on a mobile and safari on an IPad.

Weird... since I last checked the Vignette #18 post has moved from 'News & Rumours' to the WWX forum where I can now see it, and it appears in the activity log.

Only thing I can think of is the permissioning on the 'News & Rumours' is a bit off from the rest of the site.  As this would explain why an old account (mine) & the guest views have the same problem and only with that forum.

The starting page says, there's a new topic in News & Rumours by Broadcast(

).

If I go to the subforum, there's no such topic. If I open the topic via the starting page, the forum software says I do not have permission (Error code: 2S136/V ).

I think, this is what Lord Nat means and occured to me several times. Maybe this is intended. As far as I remember, this occured only with topics by the user Broadcast. The topics might be done a few days in advance and just made visible on release date.