Sign in to follow this  
Burson_Carpathian

Galvanic Mysteries posse

Hello fellow gunslingers!

Since our player group started a slow-grow newbie campaign i decided to take part with the venerable Countess' own monster mash posse :)

We had to build a list around a posse set and (if possible pointswise) include all models in the box up to 1000pts. 

Over time we're allowed to grow our posses up to 1250pts and 1500 pts towards the end.

The overall list is relatively slow with  mostly Q5 and  below average shooting on two models (Mantis & Creation V),  that's why i tried to fill the gap with a slightly faster unit.
Unfortunately the Abomination Seekers and Widowers lack the <Creation> rule and so does the Apex Hellion. 

So i decided to use a Nazombu Snake, she's a bit faster with Q7 and has the <Trailfinder> rule which allows me to make up some ground before the game even begins.

That way, my current list looks like the following:

Enlightened Galvanic Mysteries Theme Posse:

Boss: Augusta Byron - 255pts

Slot 1: Mantis - 125pts
Slot 2: Creation V - 170pts
Slot 3: Creation XIII - 160 pts
Slot 4: Nazombu Snake - 115pts
Slot 5: Creation X - 155pts

---

980pts

I'm currently finding out how to use each unit on their own and in combination together. 
In the first two games (1st against Ranger Showboat posse, 2nd against Armoured Justice posse) i let the Nazombu Snake cover one flank while Augusta and Creation X & XIII marched the other side of the board up.
Both Creation V (only Q4) and Mantis captured objectives either in my table-half or in the center and watched out for enemies with their ranged weaponry.

For only 115 points the Nazombu Snake can be scary as hell, at least for my opponent. It's a great fire magnet that also packs a punch in melee 
She killed Rabecca Copelie and stopped a unit of 5 Minutemen from capturing an objective in the first game and killed a unit of two gundogs while standing next to an objective and earning me points in 5 rounds in the second game.

Meanwhile my "Creation-Deathstar" slowly marched in both games towards the enemy and killed everything in their way, surviving because of their Grit 6, <Tough> provided by Augusta, the <Creation> rule and good use of cover.

In the first game they killed Calamity Jane, Grace Myrtle, a unit of 5 Veteran Rangers and teared apart Wild Bill Hickok (with PRC-8 on Creation X), where in the second game two units of 3 Lawbots and a unit of 2 Gun Dogs fell under their blades. 

So far so good, but what really bothers me is that i can't find a use for Mantis and Creation V besides standing at a mission objective and doing nothing else. 

I know that victory points are actually the most important thing to earn in order to win, but if the worst case happens and my deathstar slowly breaks apart i just want to know what both units can do to still secure my victory.

In addition i'm looking at a couple of units with which i could expand my posse in the next step a couple of weeks ahead, but most importantly to fill the 6th posse slot in order to gain the posse bonus.

Right now i'm specifically looking at the scary but mostly independent working Creation VII and onto Francis Tumblety, where the latter one would provide me with an additional fortune chip and another unit with the <Carpathogen> rule.

Is there anything wrong with that purpose for Mantis?  I find that all of the factions have a flight model or two that really just seems to excel at that. It is a game breaker if both sides clash over a single point. You can have your 18" zip over to the other point and hold it seeing if they'll divide the forces.