skaroreg

Warrior Nation

So, as I am a Warrior Nation player in WWX I am wondering, will there be a faction for them/affiliated with them in either Dystopian Wars or Armored Clash? Because honestly, after reading the fluff I want giant elephants and other Animals from around the world that might represent the various parts of the warrior nation from around the world (think also kangaroos jumping on tanks and kicking infantry units) I have a lot of head canon for this now and was just wondering where Warrior Nation will fit in. I know it is early in development yet but I was curious. 

well in WWX it is less science and more "power of the spirit" but it would be interesting to see that influence Darwin. WWX already has Tesla Edison and Eifel so why not have Darwin? I mean, he would at least be interested in why there would suddenly be a giant fire breathing Eagle in America. 

20 hours ago, RuleBritannia said:

Giant animals were the purvey of Darwin in classic DWars fluff, with an island of science monsters.

Yep though in the DW world it was leaning well toward advance and military use of them and thus mutant/machine monsters. Though as I recall we never saw any models, not even design concepts from SG. Who knows it might be buried in the stuff that WC got a hold of, but otherwise we never saw anything. 

That said WWX has the ideal scale for introducing such a faction, actually better than Dystopian Wars. Animals fit more easily into 35mm in general; unless you go for animal shaped machines (of which we did get a few before the end like the flying dragon) 

1 hour ago, RuleBritannia said:

I think the 15mm spin off would presumably be the place for Kaiju, but the lamented scale shift means less room for fitting them in classic Dwars.  

Aye, though the sea-scale is still very much of a good size - however if we were to get sea-monsters; whilst I'm totally up for them in Dystopian Wars; they'd just make me want to see Uncharted return to the seas even more (and I'm convinced that IF we see Uncharted return it won't be for years and years yet sadly. Heck its been a year* or more and we are only just getting near Dystopian Wars hitting the high seas once more - and Firestorm after that at some unknown point in time. So I'd wager it will take several years to get those titles running smooth before they'll have attention and time to fit in Uncharted (if they decide too, they can always step away and say - no we're ok where we are we don't need another title). 

Of course if popularity of the series launches strong and we, as a community, can grow it then improved sales and ships on sea and space flying off shelves could give the investment opportunity for faster turn around!

*Feels like a year, might be longer or shorter I honestly don't recall when Spartan died. 

Plus, if we are going to see sea-monsters they'd be more likely fielded by the Enlightened.

There were even already some concept arts of construct-style wales.

I'm not saying that it would rule out any Warrior Nation affiliated monster-units, but i guess there would be something coming out for the Enlightened before that.

WC-WarCradle-Dystopian-Age-Preview-10.jpg.0e676bfd865ae98f8a02898a21f075b4.jpgWC-WarCradle-Dystopian-Age-Preview-11.jpg.45c711e5d91c08bc0eeb4a7f5782234d.jpgWC-WarCradle-Dystopian-Age-Preview-12.jpg.171cd47faaed4f6438c27ebb4df40120.jpg