murphy'slawofcombat

new rules set

the last time I asked about the new rules set was back in May ...is there any thing you can give us ,it has been a while and any little tid bit would be  wonderful.  I know I sound like a broken record .  I would love to get my hands on the new rules and give then a going over.  

1 hour ago, Kirin said:

Would love to get my hands on some beta rules to test with the group. The year is almost gone.

:lol:
The beta would be a really really really nice present, alas Warcradle is most probably focusing on the release of Dystopian Wars.
Supposedly there are separate teams working on each title, so it's moving forwards, but I assume the developement structure is not that strict, and if there is something that needs to get done, than all hands will be on that side of the deck.
The silence however is rather deep. Yes, we have seen concepts and tinylittleminor hints about the fluff, but on the rules front the last thing was that we have heard was the beta will start after the DW beta has concluded. Technicly I haven't heard an announcement that it has officially concluded (only that the last revision is out), but technically the earth will be consumed by the sun after the DW beta is over. Just not for a while yet (hopefully O.o ).
Sooooo... 2020 Q1? Q2? Any updetes/hints @Warcradle Richard @Warcradle Stuart ? Maybe for christmas? Pretty please? :cry-blow:

On 12/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, Small Mek said:

:lol:
The beta would be a really really really nice present, alas Warcradle is most probably focusing on the release of Dystopian Wars.
Supposedly there are separate teams working on each title, so it's moving forwards, but I assume the developement structure is not that strict, and if there is something that needs to get done, than all hands will be on that side of the deck.
The silence however is rather deep. Yes, we have seen concepts and tinylittleminor hints about the fluff, but on the rules front the last thing was that we have heard was the beta will start after the DW beta has concluded. Technicly I haven't heard an announcement that it has officially concluded (only that the last revision is out), but technically the earth will be consumed by the sun after the DW beta is over. Just not for a while yet (hopefully O.o ).
Sooooo... 2020 Q1? Q2? Any updetes/hints @Warcradle Richard @Warcradle Stuart ? Maybe for christmas? Pretty please? :cry-blow:

yes, i too would love to look at the new rule set ........one can only hope it will be sooner than later .... being the only one here in Carlisle Pa. that is doing the game I am hoping to take it to my local game store in Harrisburg and introduce it to the players there ....we really do need something soon 

Hmm. If memory serves, I recall that at the end of 2018, FSA was suppose to have an update later in the year of 2019. Now its moved back again to later in 2020 or more than 3yrs after acquiring the game. Sorry to be a pessimist but the repeated push backs does not bode well for the return of the game. It appears to be on the back burner.  However, I would love to be proved wrong.

4 hours ago, Brimstone said:

Hmm. If memory serves, I recall that at the end of 2018, FSA was suppose to have an update later in the year of 2019. Now its moved back again to later in 2020 or more than 3yrs after acquiring the game. Sorry to be a pessimist but the repeated push backs does not bode well for the return of the game. It appears to be on the back burner.  However, I would love to be proved wrong.

It will be 3 years at the end of 2020. I know it seems like forever. And of course we'd like to have had all the games out sooner but, we were clear we didn't want to rush.  The beta will be announced quite soon and we hope you can become enthused about it. The same free rulebook offer will happen for FSA as it has for both WWX and DW.

7 hours ago, Warcradle Richard said:

It will be 3 years at the end of 2020. I know it seems like forever. And of course we'd like to have had all the games out sooner but, we were clear we didn't want to rush.  The beta will be announced quite soon and we hope you can become enthused about it.

Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it!
Even the initial looks of the beta is kind of vital, as people who are interested in the game will have access to it, and I have seen judged based on this premature state. Naturallly I'm willing to wait as long as necessary, but these small tidbits of communication are really vital for the community. Again, thank you for this.

If I can try and pry some additional info out of you: how does the release of the FSA beta relate to the (final) release of DW? Any connection?

17 hours ago, Warcradle Richard said:

It will be 3 years at the end of 2020. I know it seems like forever. And of course we'd like to have had all the games out sooner but, we were clear we didn't want to rush.  The beta will be announced quite soon and we hope you can become enthused about it. The same free rulebook offer will happen for FSA as it has for both WWX and DW.

Thanks for the update. Information on FSA has been fleeting. So I will certainly look forward  to the beta when released.

It's likely the classic Firestorm is still played in various clubs and in peoples homes.  But like all games that are no longer in active production, its natural for it to become a rarer game on the tabletop.   For those that still play the Classic Firestorm Game, we have the Warcradle Classic miniatures to help complete your collections. 

There is a brand new game called Firestorm Armada in development. It is a new game that we hope appeals to many fans of science fiction space battles. Knowledge of or experience of the Classic Firestorm is completely unnecessary. If you have classic models you will, of course, be able to use them as a 'counts as' in the new Firestorm Armada,  but there will be an entire range of new and exciting miniatures to enjoy!