Texas_Archer

Warcradle Classics?

I don't think respect is the case, just a relatively small entity stretching itself to far to fast and with very little understanding of what made the fan base.

This is all opinion, as I don't see very many people here on this forum as from the old days, and it is the same handful of naysayers throughout, of which I can claim to be.

More than a little disappointing.  A beta version of FA was suppose to happen this fall (so Warcradle stated last year at this time). Silence. Classics of FA take months to be delivered ( I also have 2 orders in). A few sketches of their new version of FA are  suppose to appease us? Its been more than 2years - going on 3! A bit more candor would be appreciated. At this point, I am skeptical that FA (or other Spartan games) are returning. I would loved to be proved wrong but the silence is athunderous.

3 hours ago, Dave Bednarek said:

Agree with the majority here, it seems. I've pretty much consigned myself to think DW just aint gonna happen. And it was 1 of my very favorite games to play.  In retrospect, I wish some other company would have bought the rights to this one.

We are getting a very cut down version of DWars early next year.  There will be much reduced starter sets with Battleship, two cruisers out of three needed for a squadron and four frigates out of five needed for a squadron and will only initially have British and Americans with redesigned models that are much bigger than Spartan's and with a different aesthetic making cross play more difficult.  However, despite only three ship classes there will be alternate turrets so you can play your way. 

On 11/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, Warcradle Tarnya said:

Hi @Texas_Archer@Lex Orion and @Banelord, some items in the Warcradle Classics range may have been removed from the website due to the health of the old masters and moulds. If we're unable to produce items to a high-quality standard with the masters and moulds available, the items will be removed from the range. The items seen in the Warcradle Classics range are older designs and essentially last-chance-to-buy items. By nature, these items are produced in limited numbers, as sadly, once masters and moulds come to an end, so does our production ability.

If either of you have an outstanding order that you are waiting to receive, please do get in touch with our customer support team - http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home - they will be able to look into this further for you. :)

I went to the support and they remits me to: " our social media pages " :blink:

On 11/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, RuleBritannia said:

Would they have let you know of the product was no longer available because the mould had broken?  Will they let us know if models will not be produced again because there is no more moulds publicly? 

I have asked to the warcraddle´s support and Wayland and nobody gives me a clear answer, if it gives the answer. They made a mistake  in a shipment and they (Wayland in this case) don´t give me a solution, just silence.

23 hours ago, RuleBritannia said:

We are getting a very cut down version of DWars early next year.  There will be much reduced starter sets with Battleship, two cruisers out of three needed for a squadron and four frigates out of five needed for a squadron and will only initially have British and Americans with redesigned models that are much bigger than Spartan's and with a different aesthetic making cross play more difficult.  However, despite only three ship classes there will be alternate turrets so you can play your way. 

Ok, why would I buy all new models that are NOT to scale with my 3 fleets that are about 8k in points EACH? Just not impressed with the plans going forward on DW. 

17 minutes ago, Dave Bednarek said:

Ok, why would I buy all new models that are NOT to scale with my 3 fleets that are about 8k in points EACH? Just not impressed with the plans going forward on DW. 

Warcradle said early on existing fans weren't enough to support the game hence everything being redesigned and rewritten.  I think it's a bad decision, the existing fans kept Spartan going and would buy stuff to expand fleets but making models that don't fit and radically different lore puts off your banked existing fans without necessarily getting you new fans.  The WWX Facebook page and Warcradle's own Dystopian wars page are still much smaller than Spartan's. 

On 11/30/2019 at 9:44 PM, Banelord said:

Not very funny...

my ticket has been closed due to no action from my side???

Hey, I'm still waiting for the models or an information / schedule.  It's up to you for action and not mine!

Me too.

I share your sentiment. I am in the same situation.

1 hour ago, RuleBritannia said:

Warcradle said early on existing fans weren't enough to support the game hence everything being redesigned and rewritten.  I think it's a bad decision, the existing fans kept Spartan going and would buy stuff to expand fleets but making models that don't fit and radically different lore puts off your banked existing fans without necessarily getting you new fans.  The WWX Facebook page and Warcradle's own Dystopian wars page are still much smaller than Spartan's. 

Agree.

Spartan´s rules were very good and ships and scenery were amazing.

I am from Spain and I am sure that a good support from the company (like rules and books translated) were very good to expand the game. Spartan Games did not translate the rules and books, and here in Spain it is a problem. Many gamers do not buy games without translation.

Anyway, me and my friend (and others), play English games and want a lot of Spartan´s DW and FA ships and scenery.

It's more likely that as the forum doesn't see much attention they don't focus on viewing it every day - whilst facebook they likely check along with their own personal social media accounts. 

In the past I've reported posts to bring them to the attention of WC staff since the volunteer mods don't see any of the back-end of the company so company focused questions we cannot answer (save to repeat what WC staff have already said). 

This is more of a measure of how badly we can Yoko this topic now that it feels as wasted effort and just to talk old games now.  Really don't think my chances are high in retaining a post, but after my posts here, and on the beta, and the reply I got from both, don't care.

Farewell Providence, Toyokawa, Gustav, and Marans, I never got the chance to meet you.

Just had a mail from support, slowly, but some missing models are dropping in. :)

Still waiting for the most of them.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:48 AM, hyde1352 said:

This is more of a measure of how badly we can Yoko this topic now that it feels as wasted effort and just to talk old games now.  Really don't think my chances are high in retaining a post, but after my posts here, and on the beta, and the reply I got from both, don't care.

Farewell Providence, Toyokawa, Gustav, and Marans, I never got the chance to meet you.

I once had the Gustav, but sold him ebay. :mellow: But you can visit (or fight) my Marans and Royan Gunships here in germany. :D