Jump to content
Texas_Archer

Warcradle Classics?

Recommended Posts

I'm just confused about the whole reinvent the wheel thing when you just need to bang the thing back into shape.  Old argument, done and over with.  But I agree that it's been this long, rules haven't been changed in the beta as much, no real nation flavor (that I've seen) has been released, and a constant shuffling of the old game and it's models into a dark closet is wearing thin.  I really don't care about WWX, or it's adjoining games.  I care that this is kinda what Spartan did with Uncharted, Dystopian, Firestorm, Halo, and the various micro games in each universe that ultimately slowed them down and gave us nothing for long stretches.  Please correct me, but I thought they mentioned that they wouldn't be like that, or was that fantasy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hyde1352 said:

I'm just confused about the whole reinvent the wheel thing when you just need to bang the thing back into shape.  Old argument, done and over with.  But I agree that it's been this long, rules haven't been changed in the beta as much, no real nation flavor (that I've seen) has been released, and a constant shuffling of the old game and it's models into a dark closet is wearing thin.  I really don't care about WWX, or it's adjoining games.  I care that this is kinda what Spartan did with Uncharted, Dystopian, Firestorm, Halo, and the various micro games in each universe that ultimately slowed them down and gave us nothing for long stretches.  Please correct me, but I thought they mentioned that they wouldn't be like that, or was that fantasy again.

Certainly a fantasy now Warcradle has at least ten rules systems on the go and acquiring more.  They seem to be prioritising Lost World Exodus, Cthulhu Wars, the Bill and Ted board game and the World War Two card game over getting Dystopian Wars out let alone the other Spartan Games.  Rumours have it we are only getting the bare bones British and Americans at launch and no backwards compatibility.  Can Warcradle actually sustain four systems let alone their full audacious plans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RuleBritannia said:

Certainly a fantasy now Warcradle has at least ten rules systems on the go and acquiring more.  They seem to be prioritising Lost World Exodus, Cthulhu Wars, the Bill and Ted board game and the World War Two card game over getting Dystopian Wars out let alone the other Spartan Games.  Rumours have it we are only getting the bare bones British and Americans at launch and no backwards compatibility.  Can Warcradle actually sustain four systems let alone their full audacious plans? 

I will be happy if I get to complete my FA and DW fleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 8:17 PM, Texas_Archer said:

To anyone at Warcradle, I was getting ready to place an order that included some of the kickstarter stuff that was on the Wayland games site. Now it looks like all of those new models have been pulled from the website. Can someone tell me why? Our group was going to do a big order...

On 11/1/2019 at 7:17 PM, Lex Orion said:

I join this request.

Fortunately I bought some items before they disappeared. But I'm also interested in others that I couldn't buy at the time, since I didn't see them in the usual sections that I used to look at.

 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, Banelord said:

I ordered a lot of stuff in september and got nothing. I called the support and got 5 ships this week but the most is even not on stock!

Sell goods that are not deliverable? Very poor performance. :angry:

DW seems to be a very dead game!

 

Hi @Texas_Archer@Lex Orion and @Banelord, some items in the Warcradle Classics range may have been removed from the website due to the health of the old masters and moulds. If we're unable to produce items to a high-quality standard with the masters and moulds available, the items will be removed from the range. The items seen in the Warcradle Classics range are older designs and essentially last-chance-to-buy items. By nature, these items are produced in limited numbers, as sadly, once masters and moulds come to an end, so does our production ability.

If either of you have an outstanding order that you are waiting to receive, please do get in touch with our customer support team - http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home - they will be able to look into this further for you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warcradle Tarnya said:

If either of you have an outstanding order that you are waiting to receive, please do get in touch with our customer support team - http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home - they will be able to look into this further for you. :)

@Warcradle Tarnya, I have an outstanding order (and the modells are still at the website) and of course (do you think I'm an idiot?) I'm in touch with the customer support team. Therefor I got a first delivery, but I don't have any information about the rest. These models are still marked as "available to order", unfortunately they are not available for dispatch - and that doesn't change all the time. And nobody seems to be able when this changes or even if.

Again, why do you mark mdoels as "restock expected: available to order", but can't tell anything about the shedule since weeks? I have a lot of experiance with plastics and moulds, if this is so crucial, then you should remove all the models and left alone only the few which are "in stock".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Warcradle Zak said:

@Banelord, No one was implying that you are an idiot. If you are in contact with customer support they will be able to answer all of your questions or look into any issues that you have. I would ask that you remain respectful towards moderators, staff and other forum users.

I think Banelord has a genuine point.  If you are relying on moulds you won't repair or replace it is imperative to let people know if this is the final run and if the model will no longer be available from now on or if it is just a hiatus.  In his defence, it is easy to read helpfulness as condescending online without the context of speech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RuleBritannia said:

I think Banelord has a genuine point.  If you are relying on moulds you won't repair or replace it is imperative to let people know if this is the final run and if the model will no longer be available from now on or if it is just a hiatus.  In his defence, it is easy to read helpfulness as condescending online without the context of speech.

And the best place to go to find that information is the customer service channels provided. They will best be able assist with questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warcradle Zak said:

And the best place to go to find that information is the customer service channels provided. They will best be able assist with questions. 

Please clarify: any information regarding continuation of or ending, either permanent or temporary, of a model/range/game, all information is to be gained by contacting customer service?  So no public updates, no blogs, no newsletter, just contact customer service?

Edited by hyde1352

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a point, but sometimes when casting you don't know a mould is worn until you cast with it and find out. Same for when they break. So some of the models might break right when WC goes to cast them up for your order. 

 

The issue, I believe, is more one of timing and expectation of delivery than it is purely about breaking moulds (I'd imagine most buying these models have been buying models for a while and long enough to accept that moulds do break and to know that these are out-of-production models being cast only until those moulds break). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just a point, but sometimes when casting you don't know a mould is worn until you cast with it and find out. Same for when they break. So some of the models might break right when WC goes to cast them up for your order. 

 

The issue, I believe, is more one of timing and expectation of delivery than it is purely about breaking moulds (I'd imagine most buying these models have been buying models for a while and long enough to accept that moulds do break and to know that these are out-of-production models being cast only until those moulds break). 

But will Warcradle tell us once that happens so we know we need to look elsewhere?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hyde1352 said:

Please clarify: any information regarding continuation of or ending, either permanent or temporary, of a model/range/game, all information is to be gained by contacting customer service?  So no public updates, no blogs, no newsletter, just contact customer service?

If you head over to https://blog.warcradle.com  You'll see that there is lots of updates about up and coming products. If you want a product that no longer appears on the website then it would be a product we are currently unable to produce, for a myriad of reasons. If you have an existing order then feel free to contact customer services. Outside of that keep an eye on our social media and blog.
 

 

16 hours ago, RuleBritannia said:

But will Warcradle tell us once that happens so we know we need to look elsewhere?  

If a product is available it will be listed on the website and things be listed and unlisted when they are available. If you have an outstanding order with a product that shows as no longer being available I would suggest contacting customer services. The nature of casting and production does mean that occasionally there will be discrepancy where production will cease as a mould breaks before we are able to fulfil the order volume and the option will be given to wait and find out if any additional moulds for the product will pass quality checking or receive a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe a comment has been deleted.  I really would prefer an honest answer over this, as the problem of Wayland being not necessarily famed for swift delivery means that people could order Boats that just won't arrive and will not automatically contact customer services.  A spread sheet might be great for collectors of models available, models that maybe available, and moulds broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RuleBritannia said:

I believe a comment has been deleted.  I really would prefer an honest answer over this, as the problem of Wayland being not necessarily famed for swift delivery means that people could order Boats that just won't arrive and will not automatically contact customer services.  A spread sheet might be great for collectors of models available, models that maybe available, and moulds broken.

In my experience once an order has sat for a period of weeks Wayland contacts you. I had some ships sitting waiting for production and they contacted me two or there times over the course of time waiting. Each time confirming if I wanted to continue waiting or if I wanted a refund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 5:54 PM, RuleBritannia said:

Would they have let you know of the product was no longer available because the mould had broken?  Will they let us know if models will not be produced again because there is no more moulds publicly? 

It's not in Waylands interest to sit on money and have outstanding orders. So yes if the mould was broken and WC reported as such to Wayland and the listing was taken down yes they would. Outstanding orders for a retailer aren't free money, they are a bother that costs them in support time to resolve. So its in their interests to make sure orders are delivered and if matters outside of their control mean that it cannot be delivered then processing a refund as quickly as possible is best. 

 

Honestly besides the "wayland are slower than others" issue I've never had problems with them. I'd also say that their "slower than others" has improved over time, especially when they updated the site to a live stock display.

 

 

As for WC right now the public display of a model being removed is when it leaves the Wayland site for ordering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.