Jump to content
Texas_Archer

Warcradle Classics?

Recommended Posts

So I was wondering if there were any more of the Classic Dystopian Wars ships coming out.  During the last release, a Warcradle Member stated that they would be coming quicker, but that was almost 2 months ago, and no new stuff has been coming out.  Was really hoping to get the Federated Ships from the old Kickstarter for our group, as a large portion of them want them and the Japanese ones too.  Anyone from Warcradle want to give us an update? it would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thank you very much in advance,..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The closer we get to any kind of major release of the new Dystopian Wars the more I'd wager we won't see more Classics. Not that WC can't do them, but rather because more of their attention will be focused on the production for retail. Also being a Christmas period right now I'd wager they are in full WWE production at present. 

 

Of course the beta is still rolling along and the last models we saw  week or so ago were still 3D print masters not resin castings so we are still a little way aways it would seem. Hopefully they can do a QA end of this year or early next to give us an idea of their roadmap and timeline toward release. We must be getting closer!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a blog post hyping their designs rather than hiding them under a bushel.  They are getting close and people were excited by the improvements.  The lack of content is what is leaving fan communities rather dead which also slows down beta feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 10:12 PM, Texas_Archer said:

So I was wondering if there were any more of the Classic Dystopian Wars ships coming out.  During the last release, a Warcradle Member stated that they would be coming quicker, but that was almost 2 months ago, and no new stuff has been coming out.  Was really hoping to get the Federated Ships from the old Kickstarter for our group, as a large portion of them want them and the Japanese ones too.  Anyone from Warcradle want to give us an update? it would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thank you very much in advance,..

 

 

There will be a very large push of Classics items going live some time this week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Spenetrator said:

That's great news, @Warcradle Richard Is there any chance of any Firestorm classics in there this time? or if not,  any news on when these may be available?

There will be Firestorm yes. Rather than put up the near 500 in this batch the guys will start uploading the products sometime today. There should be more products most days leading up to Xmas now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi admirals!,

I play Firestorm Armada, but I am very interested in this fascinating game.

I love his aesthetic and background, and I want to acquire one fleet (at least).

My questions are:

Will Warcradle make all the classics? Many ships are missing now and it is impossible to get a good fleet. Unless the second hand market.

Is it proper to wait to the new ships? I am expectant to the new rules, but the 2.5 rules are so interesting. If I decide to play the 2.5, will be better the classic ships (because of their stats)?

Waiting for your help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I have seen more "New" items for DW and FA last friday in Wayland.

This seems that they (Warcradle) will make all the items. I speculate..., because they don´t tell us nothing... sad.

Anyway, I continue shopping in the second hand market, for the still missing items.

No news, money for the second hand and no money for warcradle... sad again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sorry if Im bringing it up again. Just wondering on the status of some of the products on the Wayland games site. Some of the ships were there a couple of days ago and now they are not on the site at all.  Some of the ships were waiting to be unavailable and in the process of being reprinted. So I was just wondering if the products will be released at all. Order ready just need product to order.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, Lex Orion said:

Hi all,

I have seen more "New" items for DW and FA last friday in Wayland.

This seems that they (Warcradle) will make all the items. I speculate..., because they don´t tell us nothing... sad.

Anyway, I continue shopping in the second hand market, for the still missing items.

No news, money for the second hand and no money for warcradle... sad again.

Hey @Lex Orion, Warcradle Classics items are made available after old masters and moulds pass our initial quality control checks. These items will be produced in limited numbers, by nature, as we only have the old masters and moulds to produce them with.

If you’re after something in particular, feel free to contact our support team for more information - submit a ticket here: http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home!

Hope this helps. :) 

 

On 7/26/2019 at 2:20 PM, I am Belch said:

Im sorry if Im bringing it up again. Just wondering on the status of some of the products on the Wayland games site. Some of the ships were there a couple of days ago and now they are not on the site at all.  Some of the ships were waiting to be unavailable and in the process of being reprinted. So I was just wondering if the products will be released at all. Order ready just need product to order.  

Hey @I am Belch, due to the way the moulds are identified and catalogued, there may be an extended period of time between the production of batches of some miniatures, but rest assured that our production team is hard at work producing Warcradle Classics items. It's likely the ships have been removed from the site due to the quality of the old masters and moulds.

Feel free to contact our support team (http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home) for more information about the ships in question. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarnya, do you think we will see more models come out? I know most of the kickstarter units as well as the Canadian Navy and STO Navies were all just coming out kr about to come out when everything folded. I know a great many of us still want those models. Would be a good shot in the arm for yall as well as us to be honest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, Texas_Archer said:

Tarnya, do you think we will see more models come out? I know most of the kickstarter units as well as the Canadian Navy and STO Navies were all just coming out kr about to come out when everything folded. I know a great many of us still want those models. Would be a good shot in the arm for yall as well as us to be honest...

Hey @Texas_Archer, in short, yes - you will see more models added to the Warcradle Classics range! We are working on getting as many moulds cast as possible and getting complete products ready.

In regards to availability, you'll need to keep an eye on the Warcradle Classics section on the Wayland Games website (here) to see which models are available. If you're after a particular model, do contact our support team (here) and they will look into it for you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, Warcradle Tarnya said:

Hey @Texas_Archer, in short, yes - you will see more models added to the Warcradle Classics range! We are working on getting as many moulds cast as possible and getting complete products ready.

In regards to availability, you'll need to keep an eye on the Warcradle Classics section on the Wayland Games website (here) to see which models are available. If you're after a particular model, do contact our support team (here) and they will look into it for you. :)

 

That is good news. Im just waiting for more product and I will have a order ready.  All of the product right now is in the restock list...when that changes then I will be placing a order. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, Warcradle Tarnya said:

Hey @Lex Orion, Warcradle Classics items are made available after old masters and moulds pass our initial quality control checks. These items will be produced in limited numbers, by nature, as we only have the old masters and moulds to produce them with.

If you’re after something in particular, feel free to contact our support team for more information - submit a ticket here: http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home!

Hope this helps. :) 

 

Hey @I am Belch, due to the way the moulds are identified and catalogued, there may be an extended period of time between the production of batches of some miniatures, but rest assured that our production team is hard at work producing Warcradle Classics items. It's likely the ships have been removed from the site due to the quality of the old masters and moulds.

Feel free to contact our support team (http://helpdesk.warcradle.com/support/home) for more information about the ships in question. :)

Hi Tarnya:

Thank you for the response. And excuse me for the delay to answer.

I will see the link. Thank you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone at Warcradle, I was getting ready to place an order that included some of the kickstarter stuff that was on the Wayland games site. Now it looks like all of those new models have been pulled from the website. Can someone tell me why? Our group was going to do a big order...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, Texas_Archer said:

To anyone at Warcradle, I was getting ready to place an order that included some of the kickstarter stuff that was on the Wayland games site. Now it looks like all of those new models have been pulled from the website. Can someone tell me why? Our group was going to do a big order...

I join this request.

Fortunately I bought some items before they disappeared. But I'm also interested in others that I couldn't buy at the time, since I didn't see them in the usual sections that I used to look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Banelord said:

I ordered a lot of stuff in september and got nothing. I called the support and got 5 ships this week but the most is even not on stock!

Sell goods that are not deliverable? Very poor performance. :angry:

DW seems to be a very dead game!

It is dead at present in terms of model sales because the only thing that WC are currently selling are ad-hock castings of the past models that Spartan Produced. 

This makes the supply very iffy and a bit random and isn't ideal, but it at least gives people a chance even if orders have to sit for weeks/months to get fulfilled. 

However if you've checked the facebook groups there is big movement happening and it seems that Dystopian Wars will be returning to the high seas, likely in 2020 early in the year. WC have basically rebuilt the game from the ground up - models included - so it should be a pretty big launch and its clear that, behind the scenes, they've been designing a lot of new great looking stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Overread said:

It is dead at present in terms of model sales because the only thing that WC are currently selling are ad-hock castings of the past models that Spartan Produced. 

This makes the supply very iffy and a bit random and isn't ideal, but it at least gives people a chance even if orders have to sit for weeks/months to get fulfilled. 

However if you've checked the facebook groups there is big movement happening and it seems that Dystopian Wars will be returning to the high seas, likely in 2020 early in the year. WC have basically rebuilt the game from the ground up - models included - so it should be a pretty big launch and its clear that, behind the scenes, they've been designing a lot of new great looking stuff. 

I know, that WC is prepearing for the 3.0 telease with new models, thats news from 2018.

But how should I trust a company which sells goods and take my money but don't deliver the goods? I hope that they solve the problems, I will wait with further orders and so will my friends do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Overread said:

It is dead at present in terms of model sales because the only thing that WC are currently selling are ad-hock castings of the past models that Spartan Produced. 

This makes the supply very iffy and a bit random and isn't ideal, but it at least gives people a chance even if orders have to sit for weeks/months to get fulfilled. 

However if you've checked the facebook groups there is big movement happening and it seems that Dystopian Wars will be returning to the high seas, likely in 2020 early in the year. WC have basically rebuilt the game from the ground up - models included - so it should be a pretty big launch and its clear that, behind the scenes, they've been designing a lot of new great looking stuff. 

I think WC do have a problem with transparency.  Throughout the process they have misspoken, changed their minds and failed to give timetables, and this has trickled down to their supply of Spartan models and even the fact they won't acknowledge that these are Spartan models calling them 'Warcradle Classics'.  They have redesigned the game from the bottom up in such a way that they aren't making it backwards compatible and treat their unreliable selling as a favour to us.  Things can be turned around and behaviour is improving such as the weekly updates but Warcradle is not as fan friendly as Spartan and we have every right to be suspicious of their treatment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.