ThePimbler

What is a "search action"?

For the adventure "Treasure Hunt" on page 52, under "objective", it says "If a model is base contact with a token at the start of their Activation, they can make a Search Action to investigate the token".  What is a Search Action?  It is not described anywhere in the book that I can see.  Is it a Move action?  Combat action?  Free action?  None of the above?  If anyone has a page reference for where Search Action is described in the book, I would appreciate it.

That actually is a pretty good point though in terms of whether it is a move, combat, or misc action and whether is counts as a special action or not.  Because it is not specified I would treat it's action type as "undefined" like tactical brilliance so it doesn't increase the cost of later actions.  Because it doesn't say anything about being a special action I would rule that it doesn't preclude you from doing other special actions on your turn.  However these are just my personal rulings rather than a solid answer.

As an update to this, I asked on the FB group, and we got some official clarification:  Search is a special action, is neither a move nor combat action (and so does not increase the cost of subsequent move or combat actions), costs 1 action point to use, and counts toward the unit's action limit for that activation.