Warcradle Studios attended Gen Con 2018 for four days over the weekend, and oh boy, was it a memorable one. We were lucky enough to have Parker, from The Battlehammer, fly out with us as a Warhost (interested, click here for details), and demo games of Wild West Exodus on our shiny new Dystopian Age demo table.

For those of you wanting to see more, we've prepared a gallery below! From the stand to miniatures, sneak peeks for Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars, and our new Dystopian Age demo table, you'll be able to gander at it all.

View the full article here .

GenCon gallery - Facebook2.jpg

roberto-concept-art-looking-through-concept-book.jpg   rob-hawkins-terrain-table-dystopian-age-wild-west-exodus3.jpg   wild-west-exodus-stand-at-gen-con-18-4.jpg

Loved to see all the models - the 20-20 model and its alternate transformed mode look really great and I love the Bravestar nod it gives! 

The Prussians are also very interesting. I recalled the train system from the previews shown earlier and its translated to models really well! I love the idea of the trains being in the ship and it gives a sense of scale to the models as well when the steam trains are small models just sticking out the back of it.

I'm also going to say that seeing the twin turrets and the design of them is giving me a big flashback to the glory days of PC gaming with games like Red Alert an the heavy tank from there; as well as all those cartoons from the 80-90s. Really loving the designwork. 

Interesting to note that there don't seem to be any electric weapons on these Prussian ships. Does this mean that their electric warfare has changed? Originally they were much more  close and board you type faction; these ships seem much more bombardment and long to mid range. Or have they shifted their mighty tesla into a new breed of ships that we've yet to see!

To my eye they've gone more traditional steam punk in style - not that the old weren't good but they were certainly more smart and almost modern looking with their turrets (even futuristic). It's certainly a big change even through to their train system (I really hope we see WC release terrain packs like Spartan did - I'd love a proper themed Prussian base with railroads and such - plus the video did mention attacking coastal installations! )

You know having had a look at the original models again in photos I don't think these are as big a departure as we might consider. The funnels are still the same, the hull is mostly similar; the biggest difference is the shift toward trains in the middle and the loss of tesla broadsides and replacing them with what look like small turrets. 

Mechanically I think this might well change the faction or make it so that its core is similar to others in having decent ranged offence. We might even see the rules shift around to favour range more over close combat. 

Another thing is that the trains seems to come direct from the giant ice carrier. The big tesla weapons on that were on train tracks so who knows this might even been the direction SG could have taken them (SG always had way more designs than they could make and a very active creative section so could be these are even old or revised designs tweaked or influenced by).

STill looking forward to the day that we hear dates and such! Getting on to August now so hopefully only a month or two before we start to hear big news (assuming they release Q4)