gkevinw

Fsa Naval Units Review

I'd love to see an update on this :-)

Sorry guys. My DW group has long since evaporated, so an update for 2.0 from me isn't gonna happen. Poking through the FSA 2.0 list though, I saw several things that I had suggested, so woot to Spartan for that!

Sorry guys. My DW group has long since evaporated, so an update for 2.0 from me isn't gonna happen. Poking through the FSA 2.0 list though, I saw several things that I had suggested, so woot to Spartan for that!

:-(

I was assuming that gkevinw wouldn't be updating the reviews for 2.0 going by the fact that his account hadn't been logged in for 1-1.5 years.

Looking through the statistics used for the initial 1.x reviews I am planning on expanding the reviews to the new 2.0 stats. I'll work on them when I should have the time in the evenings.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:53 PM, Portcullis said:

This post was very useful for me when I was a new player but it is looking a bit out of date now given the new models. I'm going to have a stab at doing an extensive 2.0 version soon. 

If you have started, do you have a link?  If not, I'd love to give this a go...  Maybe in collaboration?

Well, here's some data providing some sort of a comparison.

I don't have the actual play experience to do full write-ups because I haven't had an opponent to play against for a couple of years and for that matter haven't played any tabletop games in about a year.

What sort of actual comparisons between units aside from this do you think would be beneficial?

I'll add in the calculations used soon hopefully.

FSA Naval Review.png

In the previous post my table calculations are:

Squad Cost: Individual Cost * Squadron Size

DR (Regular): (DR * HP) / .8

DR (Shielded): ((DR + (Number of Shields * .8)) * HP) / .8 

CR (Regular): (DR * HP) / .8

CR (Shielded): ((DR + (Number of Shields * .8)) * HP) / .8

Weaponry is the average number of hits a squadron will get with the members of the squadron lined up.

It is the maximum linked firepower in Fore, Broadside, and Aft firing arcs for each rangeband with each Sustained Fire added as an extra dice multiplied by 1, .8, .6, or .4 depending on the 'to hit' number.

For instance, the Liberty Broadside. 2 Turrets equals 18/15/12/9 hits. Because you will almost always have at least 3 misses the ship will have the same average as a 21/18/15/12 attack. It hits on 5+ in RB1 and 4+ in range band 2 so you multiply it by .6/.8/.8/.8 so you get 12.6/14.4/12/9.6.

These numbers are broken out for the three weapon systems FSA ships have. Primary Turrets, Secondary weapons include both Volley Guns and Broadsides because they rarely if ever overlap, and Rockets.

AP looks at the efficiency of the squadrons. Because are direct singular attacks I am looking at the number of points per average hits.

AP Offense is the  Squad Cost / (Total AP * 'to hit' multiplier as the attacker). 

AP Defense is the Squad Cost / (Total AP * 'to hit' multiplier as the target).

AA and CC are just the total linked numbers