Sign in to follow this  
mugel

Failsafe Detonator, Carpathogen and Attacks with uits

Hello again.

I have some Questions about the Rules mentioned in the Title.

1. A modell which used hist Failsafe Detonator Weapon is removed from play. Can i bring them back with the Carpathogen -rule?

2. Can a modell in a unit decide to not take part of an attack action?

Thanks for your help.

For number 1, the Carpathogen rule says "...is destroyed within 6" of this unit", and the Suicide wapon quality says "removed from play".  I looked through the book and I couldn't find a solid definition anywhere for exactly what "destroyed" and "removed from play" mean within the context of the rules.  They are mentioned as consequences (on page 6 under "grit" for example, or under the grit check/wounding section of the rules on page 25, but they aren't really defined in a clear way that answers the question.

For number 2, on page 25, under "Combat actions":  "Multiple models in the same unit can make an attack as part of a combat action and these attacks can each be directed at the same target unit or against a different target unit if they so choose".  If the "can" in this sentence is the "permissive can", as in "CAN as opposed to MUST", then it would seem that they do not have to .

Carpathogen brings them to life. How they look after - now that's a different story. They've got Reanimated to present its poor state.

Number 2 - you decide but remember that after activation you cannot use this unit in this turn unless with a help of Compel or Dark Council. So if you shoot with 4 model on six available the rest loses a chance to shoot.  Sometimes it's wise to do it ;] for example, if one of the models has got grenade launcher or thermite grenades and the whole unit is shooting to an enemy too close to them. Then it's better to leave this one who can by accident bring more harm than good. 

On 7/12/2018 at 10:30 PM, ThePimbler said:

For number 1, the Carpathogen rule says "...is destroyed within 6" of this unit", and the Suicide wapon quality says "removed from play".  I looked through the book and I couldn't find a solid definition anywhere for exactly what "destroyed" and "removed from play" mean within the context of the rules.  They are mentioned as consequences (on page 6 under "grit" for example, or under the grit check/wounding section of the rules on page 25, but they aren't really defined in a clear way that answers the question.

For number 2, on page 25, under "Combat actions":  "Multiple models in the same unit can make an attack as part of a combat action and these attacks can each be directed at the same target unit or against a different target unit if they so choose".  If the "can" in this sentence is the "permissive can", as in "CAN as opposed to MUST", then it would seem that they do not have to .

Yes, this is some how why i asked in the first place.

i only know the term "removed from play" from other games. and there it often means it is gone forever without the possibility to bring it back.  This is why i got a little confused here.

thank you all for the fast answers! :D