Sign in to follow this  
Złoty

Fortune Chips and Negative conditions

My model has hazard condition and no available fortune chips. Then when I end my activation what happens first? Regaining fortune chips or making check for negative condition (hazard) ? It's relevant becouse I might need to reroll that dice check.

Hazard - The model must take and pass a grit check at the end of their Activation or they are wounded.   Page 33

Chips - Remember, every unit with a Fortune rating receives Fortune chips back up to that level at the end of their Activation.   Page 17

That is why I ask for help and clarification. I can't find anything about some kind of "model resolution/end step" before "end of activation" in rulebook. We play a lot in our local game store, and since english is not our first language, guess I was delegated to get te rules right.

22 hours ago, Złoty said:

Hazard - The model must take and pass a grit check at the end of their Activation or they are wounded.   Page 33

Chips - Remember, every unit with a Fortune rating receives Fortune chips back up to that level at the end of their Activation.   Page 17

That is why I ask for help and clarification. I can't find anything about some kind of "model resolution/end step" before "end of activation" in rulebook. We play a lot in our local game store, and since english is not our first language, guess I was delegated to get te rules right.

You make a good point that the two appear to be simultaneous, but they have to occur in an order.

If the fortune chips were replenished before the hazard check, you would have two lots of fortune to use in a turn. As this does not sound right, my assumption is that the fortune chips are replenished as the last act of the activation.

I am sure that Our Gracious Hosts can give a definite answer, but in the meantime I would suggest that you suffer the consequences of spending your fortune ^__^

1 hour ago, Warcradle Sam said:

If you have triggered the end of your activation you can no longer take any kind of action so you can therefore not remove the hazard condition with any fortune regained due to your activation ending.

Thank You for answer but I don't mean the "Walk it off" action but a re-roll thing. What if I failed the grit check for hazardous condition and I have no fortune to spare before "end of activation" and I REAAAAALLLLY would like to re-roll that check.

Is there some kind of sequence? like first check for conditions at end of activation and then fortune chips reset? Or can I actually reroll that condition check and save my model with "maybe-just-restored-fortune chips"?