Whitefox91

A few questions

Hello! I'm super excited to get into WWX as it looks absolutely amazing but I had a few questions.

1) after researching I saw that the warrior nation bosses used to have historical names like sitting bull and geronimo but not anymore. Why did they change if we still have Jesse James and wyatt earp? 

2) I know some of the models are being reprinted after the change of hands, but what about all the models that have cards that are not listed in the store? (Such as Raging Bear or the Fire Bringers) 

I know both questions are tied to warrior nation but that is only because they are the ones I've spent more time looking into and am not certain of examples for other factions if any. Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

1) The Warrior Nation are significantly different to the real-world native tribes and as such the characters are very much from the Wild West Exodus rather than just simply co-opted from history. Quite a few historical characters have been given a Dystopian Age twist. Even those characters you think are unchanged will have some subtle differences - Odysseus Grant, Armstrong Custer, Henry John 'Doc' Holliday etc.  It is important to remember this isn't a historical game with a few steampunk tweaks, but an entire alternate history with many centuries of events that have shifted how the world has evolved. 

2) Most of the units with cards are either currently available, or are soon to be released. 

Thanks for the reply! I get that and it doesn't really hamper my excitement for this game, but if it's at all considered to happen, even as an "alternate" version, I'd love to put Geronimo or another historically named native american on the table as that is my heritage and a large part of why I'm excited to play them.

One more question, where can I find Posse cards? I'd like to see what kind of themes I can build but the only posse cards I've seen are the ones in the Gunfight at Red Oak set.

6 hours ago, Whitefox91 said:

One more question, where can I find Posse cards? I'd like to see what kind of themes I can build but the only posse cards I've seen are the ones in the Gunfight at Red Oak set.

I'm going to use Warrior Nation as an example as to where to find the posse cards, as I can see it's a faction close to your heart!

You would head to the Warrior Nation Stat Cards page (http://www.wildwestexodus.com/content/75-warrior-nation-stat-cards)

image.png

and then you will see the 'Download Posse & Armoury' button which will, well, download the Posse cards :)

I hope this helps!

I'll just keep adding questions here instead of starting a new thread unless someone thinks i should, but Adventure Deck, most vids ive watched it appeared that both players had their own adventure deck to draw guts/glory cards from, but is this the case (since starter sets come with 1 adventure deck and 2 initiative decks)

I bough a second deck thinking I need 2 but if I dont I would like to find out while I have time to return it and maybe pick up another box of models. Thanks for the quick replies!

Thanks again for the fast replies! you guys are great! It does beg the question though, Is there a reason that based  on this, why adventure decks are sold with 2 initiative decks? This results in players having 2x as many initiative decks as needed unless im missing something?

No problem, I guessed that's what you meant. The Action cards are split into two piles so they fit neatly in the box (the Adventure cards are twice their size). Combine them and you'll find that they give you the 48 cards you need for the Action deck. You can even count the Action Point values on them to be sure (we explain that too in the rulebook).  

From page 17 of your rulebook - top left corner:

image.png.fe090bea6f28b03ba058b015981e4ac2.png

1 minute ago, Warcradle Stuart said:

Combine them and you'll find that they give you the 48 cards you need for the Action deck.

missing this part would explain why in my first game I always drew lower than my opponent! lol

Just now, Whitefox91 said:

missing this part would explain why in my first game I always drew lower than my opponent! lol

Err... yes. In fact, it would be extremely hard to win. If you want to share an Action and Adventure deck as a taster for the game (after all that's what the set is designed for) just shuffle both decks and evenly split them. It isn't right for competitive play, but for a knock around with a small force between friends its more than sufficient. 

As you say, you can play with one set of Action cards and one set of Adventure cards. With the action cards you can split them randomly between the two players or you could remove the 5 point card and one of the 2 point cards and give each player identical half decks. I think the easiest way to do it would be for one player to have even numbers and the other odd numbers (going by the card number at the top left). The same with the Adventure cards; either split at random or divided into two more or less  identical half decks. It also occurs to me you could tailor the Adventure deck by selecting certain cards for one side, to reflect the nature of the force or the scenario - though I'm not sure how that would work out!

As Stuart says you can do what you like when you are playing a casual game with friends. The Red Oak box has everything you need to do that (except the fortune chips!). Although like you I have bought a second set of decks - it saves sorting out the cards!