We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

BwanaJoe

Dystopian Legions?

Dystopian Wars franchise is essentially now merged with Wild West Exodus franchise into a single combined game (since both are a steam-punk inspired with aliens and - now - a degree of magic). 

So Legions as a separate product won't be returning, however because of the merger its my understanding that a selection of factions will return in Wild West Exodus. 

That said I don't think there are any dates set yet. The only dates I can recall is the Dystopian Wars sea-battles relaunch later this year (and after that there's the Dystopian Wars ground battle which has changed scale (Thus far the only spartan game with a scale change) and is shifting to African battles on fully land-locked battlefields (no longer sea and land combined). After that it sounds like Firestorm Armada is on the horizon (so that will be well into next year). 

There was mention of a platoon-scale version of WWX/DL being released "at a later date" (supposedly set where Prussia, Russia, France, etc are more relevant)

In the meantime, most of the DL range can be used as "counts as" models from one faction or another. The FSA models could be either Union troops, or Confederate rebels. The EoBS has an outlaw-aligned ambassador. The Antarctic scientists could be testing out their automatons, to see if they're more reliable than the reanimated corpses normally used by the other Enlightened.

Just integrate them in. The only rules currently unavailable are those for tanks and larger.

Bwana it wouldn't surprise me if they do relaunch the range in some form in the future. Thing is when Spartan died it wasn't pretty, they already had supply problems of their own and the administration process meant that WC couldn't just take over Spartan, instead they basically bought machines, moulds, designs etc... So WC has had to rebuild their whole own factory for production.

Basically Spartan had a lot of games to support and often pushed out a new game when it wasn't always the best idea (in terms of supporting their other games). I think these are lessons that WC is keen not to repeat. So seeing the SG products return to the highstreet is going to be a slow process. 

That said WC has already shown interest in relaunching games such as Uncharted Seas. So there is every chance that we'll see Legions, in some form, return or reappear. It just might be a very long time before it does. Of course SG made some fantastic models and ship warfare is pretty empty in terms of competition; even Space warfare is fairly empty (there's Dropfleet and Starwars and Startrek and not much else and Dropfleet). So hopefully once games like Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada are back on the shelf they'll sell well and strong; providing more money for more game investment. 

It has been clearly said that a new game at 32 scale will be launch:

- With WWX rules

- In a completely different place in the world

- The 8 factions of Dystopian war would be playable in this new game (The Enlighted will be common to WWX)

So Dystopian Legions miniature will not be introduce in WWX (because it will not be logical according to background) but we can suppose we could use them in this new game.

18 hours ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

There was mention of a platoon-scale version of WWX/DL being released "at a later date" (supposedly set where Prussia, Russia, France, etc are more relevant)

In the meantime, most of the DL range can be used as "counts as" models from one faction or another. The FSA models could be either Union troops, or Confederate rebels. The EoBS has an outlaw-aligned ambassador. The Antarctic scientists could be testing out their automatons, to see if they're more reliable than the reanimated corpses normally used by the other Enlightened.

Just integrate them in. The only rules currently unavailable are those for tanks and larger.

I like the idea of using some DL figures in WWX. The Kingdom of Britannia riflemen could be NWMP - stats would be the same as Deputised Sharpshooters?

Thanks Hannibal. I never did get any vehicles just starter boxed sets for three factions and a few add-ons, all from V1. And the 2.0 Officers box last year. As I have no interest in a Wild West magic/fantasy game, and with a lack of support going forward, I’ll just dump them and move on. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.