jareth234

Faction Decks?

Any updates on when we're getting the factions decks? My local community are mostly guys from first edition with a bunch of us newbies buying into it, but the cards are online mostly. Are people constantly printing out these out? Is there an app with the cards available for easier access like guildball?

1 hour ago, Warcradle Stuart said:

We are looking at a number of options. An app is being looked at.  The cards are updating every six months (approx) so you should get use out of the current set for a few months yet! 

One thing I've seen is that a lot of people, esp those online, often push for more game apps; however in the  real world I find that apps are not always idea. Whilst smart phones are common enough they are not always big enough to be easy to view and  tablets are more ideal; but not everyone owns a tablet. Plus its another thing that has to be charged up and ready to run for many hours during a game. Crashes, freezes, low battery etc.. all add annoyances. 

Of course if the cards are updating fairly fast an app allows distribution far cheaper and easier than multiple card releases, which of course cost in development, production and shipping. I know that Privateer Press, who really pushed for game cards being a thing in the industry, have mostly given up with them for their range now that they are looking at faster updates to their model rules to keep up with balance. 

On 4/30/2018 at 8:25 PM, Overread said:

One thing I've seen is that a lot of people, esp those online, often push for more game apps; however in the  real world I find that apps are not always idea. Whilst smart phones are common enough they are not always big enough to be easy to view and  tablets are more ideal; but not everyone owns a tablet. Plus its another thing that has to be charged up and ready to run for many hours during a game. Crashes, freezes, low battery etc.. all add annoyances. 

Of course if the cards are updating fairly fast an app allows distribution far cheaper and easier than multiple card releases, which of course cost in development, production and shipping. I know that Privateer Press, who really pushed for game cards being a thing in the industry, have mostly given up with them for their range now that they are looking at faster updates to their model rules to keep up with balance. 

While electronic apps are useful,  I live in an area where the internet is unreliable, and having to deal with losing power for several days during wet weather (a few years ago, it took up to a month for some towns to get power fully restored after a cyclone went through north queensland.)

Personally I'm a fan of cards to look at and reference as opposed to having to constantly flip through an app or bring a tablet to the gameshop. I may be the only one who feels that way, but I'd rather have a stable ruleset for longer then 6 months so that I can have cards to reference, and if necessary, like privateer press, but a new every year or other year.

I am a bit ambivalent about the cards.

I have a display book with printouts of the relevant individual cards (larger than the cards in Red Oak).  Easier to read if the light level is a bit low (or your sight is not  good). If there is an update I can just print a new one (I am new to WWX - do we get notified if there is an update?).

On a related subject, please can we have individual posse cards like the stat cards, most of the time there is only one of the four that I need.

I like to print them out but the quality of the cards is really bad.
I really wish they had a higher resolution (or the text would not be pixelated) so especially the black text is easier to read.