Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bednarek

" Take One for the Team " questions.........

Here is the situation: The targeted unit is a Boss with no obstacles in the way to help his grit roll. He spends a Fortune to use " Take One for the Team". The model swapped has 2 obstacles that would be applicable had it been the original target, so the questions are:

1. Does the model that sacrifices itself actually move in front of the originally targeted model? In other words, do you physically move the model in front of the original target? And if you do move him, it could be possible for the moved target to gain the benefit of obstacles?

2. OR, does it stay where it is and gain the benefit of the 2 obstacles that would come into play?

3. OR, does the model just stay where it is, and the shot goes off and the sacrificed model gains the same benefits [ if any ] of the original target?

We have been playing the rule as per #3 above, so is that the correct interpretation of the rule?

When you nominate the different model he just got shot instead the first target. 
He must be in range 3" from the target model and in the range of attack. You got no benefits other than original target - so Yes, your number "3" answer is correct. 

I've also had this question because the rule book doesn't specify.  I personally read the rules as #2 but I've played with people who read it as #3.  I tend to play it based on #3 because it makes more sense from a narrative perspective.  Additionally the text for the "loyal companion" trait acts like #3 which, while in no way actually calling out or refining the "take one for the team" action description, lends credence to the #3 interpretation because other game components act that way.