Xireon

Model availability

this isn't Dystopian wars it is firestorm and a very good game in it's own right . what may be good for one game may not be good for the other. I have no choice but to trust WC. I have sunk thousands of dollars into this game .  I will sink much more in the future . I hope that WC will allow us to get some of the older stuff while working out the production aspects of the line. If they do release older models with slight changes that isn't so bad.  So to see a Templar that has a torpeado bay would be welcome. Call it Templar A or B.

point is I love this game and I want as many of the old mods as I can get my hands on . I may not like the new rules haven't seen anything lately on what they have in mind. If I do not like it I still have the old rule set. I can even make up my own house rules.  I have no one here that is interested in this game but me and at 65 I can always play solo

Honestly I suspect FA will have an easier time as even the large factions in FA were fairly modest in unit count. The only messy area was the way in which Spartan released its own updated models and kept them on separate stats to new versions of the same ship class. Personally I hope that WC simply strips that out and simplifies it.

Eg there is 1 Battleship per fleet and any update they make in the future to that model is simply an updated model; whilst any new type of battleship is its own thing. That way the range always remains current. 

Older fans can then use their own legacy battleship models in place of the new versions. 

That way everyone wins and its kept simple and there's no legacy element either from before or within the WC system that results in a disconnect between new and old fans. 

OK, so there's a bunch of stuff with no pics and many prices seem to be off. I really want a Shautrai Battle Carrier and it's listed at only 2.20lb, which makes NO sense. And the Kopis cruiser is listed at over 15lb - is that for three of them?  I wanna place orders NOW! LOL! I'd love to order a bunch of stuff, but I'd hate to be surprised with a different price tag before my stuff get s delivered.

I have a question, Will there be another batch produced for ships that have Restock expected, or is it just the one batch? 

Edit: Disregard my question, I looked at  the full description of the ships. They are going to be restocked. My bad.

Don't forget these are still Spartan moulds for the classic range.  WC haven't made any new ones for the classic range; the product we get is basically them testing them out to see what is within each one and what works and doesn't work. That said I agree that the production, quality control, machinery and staff is all WC so the quality they achieve here is certainly what we can expect from them with their own designs and moulds! 

SG may have made the molds, but quality could be up and down, especially the last 12 months of SG's life. At least from my experience, YMMV of course.

Anyone else bought from the Classics range? What was your impression?

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Don't forget these are still Spartan moulds for the classic range.  WC haven't made any new ones for the classic range; the product we get is basically them testing them out to see what is within each one and what works and doesn't work. That said I agree that the production, quality control, machinery and staff is all WC so the quality they achieve here is certainly what we can expect from them with their own designs and moulds! 

There is the redesigned Ice Maiden.

3 hours ago, Bessemer said:

SG may have made the molds, but quality could be up and down, especially the last 12 months of SG's life. At least from my experience, YMMV of course.

Anyone else bought from the Classics range? What was your impression?

I've got a couple of the classics - Russian ships - not problems with either and very pleased :)

I'm half tempted to get some Dindrenzi ships. I was pretty much bought into the Kickstarter for FA and was buying a Dindrenzi fleet almost the very week that SG crashed and burned  (in fact I had to file a Paypal* payment dispute to get a refund for an order from SG at that stage - note at that stage filing a dispute was the official advice and it was not contested). 

So I'm very much eager and glad to see FA stuff! That said I like the re-design that WC has performed on the Dystopian models that I've seen so part of me is tempted to wait and see what they do with FA. I've already got a dreadnought and buying bigger "one off" ships in a fleet would be more sense to me to have a few of those kicking around along with a "new" updated fleet. Sadly I know that we are likely looking at Q1/2 for Dystopian and then it might be even another year before FA reappears. 

*Fairly sure it was paypal, if not then debit card. I honestly forget which but its more likely paypal. 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

So I'm very much eager and glad to see FA stuff! That said I like the re-design that WC has performed on the Dystopian models that I've seen so part of me is tempted to wait and see what they do with FA. I've already got a dreadnought and buying bigger "one off" ships in a fleet would be more sense to me to have a few of those kicking around along with a "new" updated fleet. Sadly I know that we are likely looking at Q1/2 for Dystopian and then it might be even another year before FA reappears. 

Could be worse, you could be a UCS fan or a Dystopian legionary!  Takes a while to get five gaming systems online.

3 hours ago, murphy'slawofcombat said:

where are you guys looking for this stuff  i've been looking at the on line store and am finding nothing . is this only open to you people in England????

Take a look at here. On the waylandgames.co.uk website.