Xireon

Model availability

We will be releasing the first batch of Warcradle Classics towards the end of this month. There will not be specific individual profiles for the old models in the third edition, however, we will be releasing a sheet for each faction to cover every miniature released so far and what it counts as in the third edition so you can still use them.  

Just now, Wolfgang Jannesen said:

@Warcradle Stuart WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm not going to press you for a list of what we could see but can you maybe tell us what definitively will NOT be a part of the Classics line? Gotta make a list of priorities you know ;)

The releases each month will be a selection of models from across our archives and will include miniatures from Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada and Planetfall. Many of the moulds as we test them are proving to be less than ideal in terms of the quality of what is produced, so many of the old models will never return. As we have miniatures of a reasonable quality available each month we will list them for purchase. 

Thanks for the update Stuart! Its a shame about some moulds not being up to standard, though considering we know that Spartan was having cash problems near the end it sounds like they were possibly running some moulds older than is ideal when lacking the money for a new mould to be cast up. 

That or they've a lot of archive moulds (though I was under the impression most old moulds got melted down to make raw materials for new ones) so you could be picking through the old ones with the better ones hiding in the mountain (I recall reading that you've got a huge stock of stuff but no organisation/structure to it that's functional so a whole host of stuff to sort through which I don't envy you one bit) . 

On 6/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, Warcradle Stuart said:

The releases each month will be a selection of models from across our archives and will include miniatures from Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada and Planetfall. Many of the moulds as we test them are proving to be less than ideal in terms of the quality of what is produced, so many of the old models will never return. As we have miniatures of a reasonable quality available each month we will list them for purchase. 

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the update - Just so we're clear  - where will these models be listed for purchase? (So I know where to check every few hours...) :)

On 6/6/2018 at 9:15 AM, Warcradle Stuart said:

Hoping there is a US retailer, so i can throw money at them (hint RSN would sell really well)

Late to the party, lol, but I'm really hoping that the Xelocian molds (or their master files) survived the changeover. Their redesign had me drooling, but at the time of their release I could not afford purchasing anything...

The Taskforce stuff and Enforcement Fleets had some really cool models as well. I also have a lot of regret not purchasing the Terran Charter Fleet when it was released because I loved the design of the Solar Class.

It's unfortunate to hear that some of the material is unusable based on their condition.

1 hour ago, Toxic_Rat said:

Is like waiting for Christmas, but not having access to a calendar.  :/

Lol, great way of putting it.

Despite how much I want them to start releasing stuff for Firestorm, I equally also appreciate them taking their time. The last thing I'd want would be bad quality models or something that was rushed into production.

2 hours ago, Toxic_Rat said:

Agreed.  I'm hoping for some of the minor factions.  I wouldn't mind a couple of Dindrenzi carriers either.

Yeah, man, or the Enforcement Fleets. I was a huge fan of the Dindrenzi Scutas (if not gameplay, I loved their look) as well as the Terran box. The Horizon assault cruisers and Solar carrier are models that I'd really want to see re-printed.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:12 AM, Toxic_Rat said:

Is like waiting for Christmas, but not having access to a calendar.  :/

Yes it is, I even have a Christmas list! Sentinel heavy cruisers. A Praetorian battleship. Or maybe the ships necessary to build some of my Hercules heavy cruisers....... Alas I'll just have to wait and see!

Any news on when models will become available?  I read through this thread and it sounds like Warcradle is still sifting through the miasma of files and molds that Spartan left them.  I'm excited to have Firestorm Armada back in print - the game was fun and the ships were beautiful, but I missed out on getting several of them before Spartan shut its doors.

Thanks! I'll have to post some of my  Sorylians in the painting area, and maybe some of the special forces stuff I was designing for Spartan - there was a brief time that Niel was looking to create a 28mm wargame and I was helping with the art/design.  Then he got the Halo thing going and my contract was never fulfilled and the project went nowhere. :(  But now I can at least get ships again!  Hopefully soon!

22 hours ago, Bessemer said:

As I hear it it's something to do with the stands and getting enough made. Anyone else with more info please post!

I would suspect it has to do with not having a way to manufacture the acrylic bases.  I get that they want to ship a complete product, but I have plenty of bases already...if they simply sold the ships without a base, I wouldn't be complaining.

I think its also because their marketing is pushing more on Dystopian Wars at present; which makes sense they've got the Beta rules test running and they've got old casts being sold to help build interest. Launching Dystopian Wars and running that for a few months would likely clear the air and leave them space to bring in Firestorm (and honestly I'd wager Firestorm to be coming out right after Dystopain Wars possibly before the scale shifted land version of the Dwars game).