Xireon

Model availability

Definitely remain hopeful and excited! Warcradle has recognized our rabid desire for new resin and all waiting on our part is a result of the reality of miniatures production.

I haven't been lucky enough to see the IceMaiden in person but I have looked at every single one posted in the DW forum and it makes me excited for Warcradle to release some original fleets in the future

I have the vague fortune or misfortune of having collected, for myself and my fiance, the two core fleets that have undergone major aesthetic changes at every update. I'm actually a little bit curious about which ships Warcradle will try to put out- Something tells me that Spartan's drop-moulded cruiser/heavy parts from the 2.0 ruleset patrol boxes might not be their style. They were a little bit rough in the fittings, you know?

At the same time Dropfleet does very well with a single sprue for cruisers, frigates and destroyers that lets them build quite a large variety of ships. Granted they are using plastic so "waste" material in the sprue isn't as much of an issue as for resin, but a single hull design that then lets you expand upon it can be a very efficient way to release a bunch of ships whilst having a small box footfall - important for local stockists.

Of course if sticking with all resin one can go the patrol pack approach; which works great if balanced well with the rules. 

8 hours ago, Bessemer said:

I don't think molds are the issue, WC have the digital assets to make masters from after all.

Way back last year, when Spartan was in still in business, I started a thread asking "What out of print model would you like to see re-issued."  One of the top requests was for the Aquan Medusa dreadnought.  If I remember correctly, Neil told me that it couldn't be redone because the digital renders had been lost.  The complexity of the model was apparently a problem too, from a casting standpoint.   I only bring it up because there is no guarantee that WC actually received the digital data on all models.

Note that this came to me from Neil, not from WC.  It may be they do have archive copies...just relating what I was told.   

So there are two ships in particular which I think are absolute icons of FSA- I'm certain they have the Tyrant, but the other was, in my opinion, the face of Firestorm before 2.0, the Manta. I would love to see the Manta reissued.

1 hour ago, Hive said:

So there are two ships in particular which I think are absolute icons of FSA- I'm certain they have the Tyrant, but the other was, in my opinion, the face of Firestorm before 2.0, the Manta. I would love to see the Manta reissued.

Having a Manta I'll confess to liking the Dagon better as a battlecarrier, the Manta IMHO made a better fleet carrier.  Now if they were to do a mashup of the two, adding the armor plates to the Manta I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

In my opinion the Tyrant is  one of the most iconic ship of the Terran Fleet. Though I have to admit that the Aquans Medusa is pretty cool. 

I would think that even if Warcradle doesn't have all the digital renders they could make some renders that are similar to the original design, of course I don't know if they do it themselves or have someone else do it.

14 hours ago, Bessemer said:

I don't think molds are the issue, WC have the digital assets to make masters from after all.

I think the main issue is production capacity. They're going to need to make sure they have enough time and space to produce the coming DW launch and to carry on with WWE. As much as we want FA stuff to be produced again, the end of the year is probably the earliest we can expect any actual production for existing models. let alone any new sculpts.

It's been mentioned that FA are in the production plan, but the plan is probably in pencil rather than pen at this stage. Sorry to say it people, but wait and see.

True, but Molds are also not free, especially ones for plastic. They're way cheaper then they used to be, but still it is a costly exercise to create a mold :)

7 hours ago, StorminWolf said:

True, but Molds are also not free, especially ones for plastic. They're way cheaper then they used to be, but still it is a costly exercise to create a mold :)

Just ask a certain RPG company who tried to make a tabletop miniatures game via kickstarter.  About half the money pledged went into designing and manufacturing just the molds.

As a mostly a Terran player I love my Tyrent , wish I had another Zenith but with a slight  redesign  I would put a total of 12 turrets on the old girl . I would like to see the Templar make a come back as well.  our R&D shield cruiser from view is size wise a little too small and could use a little rework on her stats. I would up her PD a bit and allow her to lay and sweep mines making her a true support vessel.matching her up with a carrier or a DN or BB would make a big difference in 1000 pt. + games.

While we're celebrating designs, the entire Ryushi and Hawker fleets are gorgeous models. The Ryushi have an impeccable aesthetic and the Hawker Excelsior Battleship just had that Star Destroyer look to it. Sinister, well angled, just gorgeous.

Also big shoutout to the RSN Spectre Battleship and the pathogen infected Relthoza battleship, of which I've been keeping one secret as a gift for my regular relthozan opponent. That sculpt is INSANE up close!

On 4/26/2018 at 3:32 AM, northerndragons said:

@Xireon Did you try Alphaspel?  I ask b/c I see the Xelocians are out of stock now and I was curious how it went for you.

Haha let's just say there is a reason they are sold out :)
Now I just need a second patrol fleet and an additional box of smalls.

Ordering went fine. The fee was quite reasonable, but the order took some more time because of the external stock thingy.
The order got delivered last Saturday, and it is in great condition.

God I missed receiving Armada boxes in the mail <3

4 hours ago, Warcradle Richard said:

Following the Q and A at the end of this week, we will share some information next week on all the construction and expansion of manufacturing that has been taking place.

Ye olde wallet trembles in fear and anticipation

8 hours ago, Xireon said:

Haha let's just say there is a reason they are sold out :)
Now I just need a second patrol fleet and an additional box of smalls.

Ordering went fine. The fee was quite reasonable, but the order took some more time because of the external stock thingy.
The order got delivered last Saturday, and it is in great condition.

God I missed receiving Armada boxes in the mail <3

Excellent, I may place and order myself, though you are much closer to them than I am.

6 hours ago, northerndragons said:

Excellent, I may place and order myself, though you are much closer to them than I am.

Yeah. That means shipping is cheaper for me.
But it is still cheaper as opposed to me buying it for you and shipping it to you.

Bottom line: Come on Warcradle. We need more resin crack <3

2 hours ago, Xireon said:

Yeah. That means shipping is cheaper for me.
But it is still cheaper as opposed to me buying it for you and shipping it to you.

Bottom line: Come on Warcradle. We need more resin crack <3

That never crossed my mind!

One thing I see in WarCradle's DW releases that I'm hopeful carries over to firestorm is a lot of modularity and magnetization options. A lot of fleets had cruiser to heavy cruiser variants that were very easy, Relthoza comes to mind in an instant. It would be very cool to see it taken further

50 minutes ago, Wolfgang Jannesen said:

One thing I see in WarCradle's DW releases that I'm hopeful carries over to firestorm is a lot of modularity and magnetization options. A lot of fleets had cruiser to heavy cruiser variants that were very easy, Relthoza comes to mind in an instant. It would be very cool to see it taken further

Looking back at the 3.0 that SG was working on before The End, some of the taskforce ships were going to take that modularity to the next level.  The Relthoza Light Cruiser/Gunship/Light Destroyer share the same hull, just change out the 'wings' and presto, new ship.

I can't wait to see what WC brings to the table, just the thought of plastic kits were we can build several different variants brings so much joy to my little black heart, that it might just burst.

Spartan Games were taking modular to the next step and I believe some of their ships had slots in the design for magnets to fit into. They weren't selling the magnets, but they provided the option right out of the box. A bold move for a company as it lowers the potential number of customers who will repeat buy the product, though at the same time provides a quick magnetic option for those who might want to use magnets but who are not as bold/skilled with a drill (ergo its removing a barrier to magnet use)