Broadcast

Introducing Nakano Gozen

Facebook Available.jpg

What's this? Salute 2018 is just around the corner so it's time to announce something very special indeed... Let's give a big welcome to Nakano Gozen - Emissary of the Blazing Sun!

Nakano Gozen has lived her entire life in service to the Blazing Sun - the Immortal Empress Shinzua. As a direct descendant of the Empress with a startling likeness, Gozen has been trained extensively in both the martial and diplomatic arts. While her adventurous nature made her unsuitable for a role at court, Gozen was trusted instead with a secret mission to the American Frontier. 

As Emissary of the Blazing Sun, Nakano Gozen's mission has brought her into contact with both the Lawmen and Outlaws in the Wild West. While she is treated with suspicion by the authorities, her skill with the blade and silver tongue make her a valued ally to the Outlaws. Her interest in the activities of Doctor Carpathian has not gone unnoticed by the Enlightened or Union agents either... 

Gozen site images 1.jpg

Gozen site images 4.jpg      Gozen site images 3.jpg      Gozen site images 2.jpg

Nakano Gozen is the new promotional resin miniature by Warcradle Studios, for Wild West Exodus.

Nakano will be released at Salute 2018, at the ExCel London, and available for purchase from our stand (TE10) for £13.00. After this, she will be available to purchase at events attended by Warcradle Studios - so you'll be able to get your mitts on this brand new promotional miniature from the Warcradle Studios stand at UK Games ExpoGen Con, and Tabletop Gaming Live this year - as well as at selected Trailblazer events. 

Not attending? Feeling like your missing out? Don't worry! 

We will be making Nakano Gozen available to purchase online during events attended by Warcradle Studios! Initially, she will be available from our online store between 09:00 and 21:00 BST on 14th April 2018 while we are at Salute. Her next appearance online will be during UK Games Expo at the start of June!

Nakano Gozen is our promotional miniature until 2019 when she will become part of our regular catalogue of fantastic miniatures - available to all!

IG WC.jpg   DW InstaGram.jpg   LIVE Instagram status image.jpg   warcradle event_ig.jpg

View the full article

You know what I miss from legions (apart from shirts that went up to the neck on female models), the idea that commanders commanded, and weren't combat monsters.  You would have a few that were more combat orientated like the Tesla fist Prussian commander, but they were primarily about getting their troops to do things.  The Japanese had very cool duelling sidekicks to deal with enemy commanders.  I get as skirmish game WWX needs to feel different, but is something that warmachine sometimes manages along with Wyrd, and fit with the more military feel of legions.

She's not a commander. That would be a General or some other senior figure within the Chinese, Japanese or Korean armies. not a lot of call for them way out in the badlands of the Union!

WWX is not the game for the Prussians, Crown, Celestains and Commonwealth to start charging tanks at each other and ranks of disciplined infantry. I'd imagine that was better suited to another game and geographical setting entirely... 

Out of curiosity, and since I've been a bit out of the loop, is she the first character to bear the distinct trappings of the Dystopian World into Exodus? I mean, obviously everyone exists in the Dystopian World now, but she's got direct callouts to the Blazing Sun- something that could not have been until the acquisition, is what I mean to say. If so, she's a real fitting promotional mini. A herald of things to come!

11 hours ago, Hive said:

I mean, obviously everyone exists in the Dystopian World now, but she's got direct callouts to the Blazing Sun- something that could not have been until the acquisition, is what I mean to say. If so, she's a real fitting promotional mini. A herald of things to come!

Well, thank you :D 

Really love the mini. But I'll have to model some more armor over her skin (boobies and leg, as I'm personally not a fan of the boob and leg showing female minis suffer that much from, especially in such a close combat oriented pose.

I'd love however to see her in a femme fatale /Mata Hari -esque  dress for those occasions when she uses diplomacy and infiltration  as well as a mini :)  Any chance for that?

On 15/04/2018 at 5:37 AM, StorminWolf said:

Picked up two at Salute :) one for myself and one for ElectricEve (she's a twitch streamer, used to do painting vids before Duncan for GW) :)

I hope you enjoy painting her :D 

If Electric Eve is doing anything on social/twitch for painting Nakano let us know and we will share it on our social channels