Completely new to the game - got the gubbins box with rules in.  Think I’m going hex.  What next?  I like the look of reivers - and Marie Laveau, and maybe some of the Beast men types after.  Is this ok?  No advice is too simple or obvious .

Choose a Boss first and look at their faction posse and Theme Posse as two ways to build up your force.

There are two Posse boxes coming out in the next few months: Absolute Power and Dark Nation. Both are great starting points. Alternatively, you could grab Carcosa Rex or Marie Laveau as a Boss.

To support your Boss you'll need Hands and faces. I'd suggest either some Bandits or some Reivers. Go with what you like the look of. For themed lists, Reivers work well as part of the Dark nation sub-faction, but you can make a more general force by mixing and matching fairly freely.   

4 hours ago, Warcradle Stuart said:

Choose a Boss first and look at their faction posse and Theme Posse as two ways to build up your force.

There are two Posse boxes coming out in the next few months: Absolute Power and Dark Nation. Both are great starting points. Alternatively, you could grab Carcosa Rex or Marie Laveau as a Boss.

To support your Boss you'll need Hands and faces. I'd suggest either some Bandits or some Reivers. Go with what you like the look of. For themed lists, Reivers work well as part of the Dark nation sub-faction, but you can make a more general force by mixing and matching fairly freely.   

Thanks Stuart.  I’ll go for the Dark Nation Posse when it is released then.  In the interim, what would add nicely to that force for me to start work on whilst I’m waiting?  And when will the release be?

Oh dear - turns out I may be one of ‘those’ forum members.  

So my headhunters and harriers have arrived.  In a fit of enthusiasm I followed my usual plastic kit strategy of snipping everything out all ready for a spot of miniatures jigsaw.  Big mistake.  I don’t suppose anyone has a photo of the spruce so I can take advantage of the little codes (D2 etc) to piece the evil beggars together?

In exchange I promise never to post anything so ridiculous again.  Probably.