So I'm posting this in two places, because it crosses over a little bit into both WWX and DW (trying to link the two slightly).  

I accept that those that don't like the move over to the Dystopian Age won't necessarily like this story, but I wanted to see what people thought of this.  Yes, this is a background re-write, and yes it is in keeping with the new WWX storyline which frankly I quite like.  

Even if you don't like the reasoning, would you be so kind to see if you like the story?

Also big thanks to Sarah Cawkwell for offering sage advice, encouragement, and a fair wedge of editing.

Diversion.pdf

Hmm...for a start I dislike that you've essentially relegated Sturgeon to only being a mere pawn in the Covenant before being given the Vault as his own personal laboratory.. .as if the Vault had been discovered decades before by others and not him personally....especially since he discovered Sturginium in the Vault.

Secondly, I don't care for WWX and as a result I doubt I'm ever going to like the Dystopian Age fluff as it's just too ridiculous. 

The rule of cool flies way too high in Warcradle in my opinion. And it shows in their fluff.

5 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Hmm...for a start I dislike that you've essentially relegated Sturgeon to only being a mere pawn in the Covenant before being given the Vault as his own personal laboratory.. .as if the Vault had been discovered decades before by others and not him personally....especially since he discovered Sturginium in the Vault.

Secondly, I don't care for WWX and as a result I doubt I'm ever going to like the Dystopian Age fluff as it's just too ridiculous. 

The rule of cool flies way too high in Warcradle in my opinion. And it shows in their fluff.

Bear in mind that this is speculative fiction and not the actual narrative of the Dystopian Age. 

On 3/21/2018 at 3:55 PM, Kalisix said:

So I'm posting this in two places, because it crosses over a little bit into both WWX and DW (trying to link the two slightly).  

Diversion.pdf

Great effort Kalisix, an enjoyable read. There are a few details that aren't quite aligned with the Dystopian Age narrative, but drop me a PM and I'll give you some pointers.