M. Balmer

The new Armoured Clash

Has there been any word about what we can expect by way of rules?  Will Armoured Clash have the same basic rules as Dystopian Wars, adapted to 10mm scale, are the old AC rules going to be used, or will this be an entirely new game, with its own mechanics?

Would any of the Warcradle Studios staff care to comment, within the parameters of any NDAs that may be in effect?

I actually think the change to 10mm will have a great plus. There are now several games in that range  (DZC, Heavy Gear Blitz, Battletech (?) among others) which means more and more terrain will be available and it is a more widely accepted range people can relate to.  Also, if you have a look at the updates by Warcradle you'll see that the vehicles actually stay the same size, so you'll be able to re-use pretty much everything, 

I truly do not understand the issue with this.  We get a game back that was literally dead and we have an engaged healthy producer backing it. Instead of spreading negativity, why don't you focus on the positive aspects of this and try to get new players and create a buzz?  Sometimes you just have to accept change. 

6 hours ago, Warcradle Richard said:

Fracas, we understand the scale change is something you are not happy with. We have stated our reasons for doing so repeatedly.  

Would the new rules be flexible enough to play in a different / old scale?

by 1/3 the ranges 

3 hours ago, fracas said:

Would the new rules be flexible enough to play in a different / old scale?

by 1/3 the ranges 

Switch inches for centimetres, third the ranges, double the ranges. You can homebrew whatever you want. All we provide are models, rules and guidelines for consistency when playing new opponents. What you get up to with your friends in the comfort of your dining room is entirely in your hands. 

On 2/13/2018 at 2:36 AM, StorminWolf said:

I truly do not understand the issue with this.  We get a game back that was literally dead and we have an engaged healthy producer backing it. Instead of spreading negativity, why don't you focus on the positive aspects of this and try to get new players and create a buzz?  Sometimes you just have to accept change. 

I am very happy to have DW coming back -- and based on the WWX rules, I am excited to see what Warcradle comes up with.

That being said Storminwolf, the issue I have is having  bought into the game rather heavily and being left with obsolete models. I will not spread negativity and I will of course wait and see how the new scale affects the old scale. If worse comes to worse, I'll just play the new rules with the old minis.

Cheers!

On 18/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, KiltedWolf said:

I am very happy to have DW coming back -- and based on the WWX rules, I am excited to see what Warcradle comes up with.

That being said Storminwolf, the issue I have is having  bought into the game rather heavily and being left with obsolete models. I will not spread negativity and I will of course wait and see how the new scale affects the old scale. If worse comes to worse, I'll just play the new rules with the old minis.

Cheers!

I did not direct my comment at you ;) Also great Username reminds me of something :unsure: ;)

And I. totally understand your feeling of buying heavily into a game system to have that changed up (Confrontation and Warhammer Fantasy coming to my mind, though that situation is vastly different from the one regarding Spartan legacy games), however, I don't think in general frowning upon these things helps, it's just one of these things we can either accept or move on from. negativity, in general, will neither help oneself nor the people still liking that game.

And yes judging from Wild West Exodus I'm more than excited as well :)

16 hours ago, RuleBritannia said:

I don't know, WC has stepped back from some dodgy decisions regarding Fluff, so a concerted effort might make them roll back on what is regarded as a poor or at least odd decision on armoured clash, which would save cash, face and allow that sweet sweet land and naval synergy with enough cajoling.

Oh Danny, we have not 'stepped back' from anything of the sort! It's just the assumptions of a certain 'penguin peanut gallery' that are being proven to be unfounded and little more than scaremongering.  You say 'regarded as poor' as though that were some kind of definitive statement. One of the rules I try to live by is to avoid social cliques (especially in the gaming community) as they often become echo-chambers where you end up overestimating your influence or the importance of your opinion. 

What you are seeing is elements of the existing narrative of WWX changing as the Dystopian Age comes together.  As we have said all along, the narrative was in development and that the existing narrative for Wild West Exodus would be changing to fit into the Dystopian Age (much like the narrative for Dystopian Wars and Armoured Clash has done).  

I'm glad you are finding the new narrative more palatable than you feared it would be. I'm reminded of my children eating Moules Marinière for the first time. It might look 'fishy' and unfamiliar but ultimately is very tasty.  Bon Appétit!

23 hours ago, StorminWolf said:

And I. totally understand your feeling of buying heavily into a game system to have that changed up (Confrontation and Warhammer Fantasy coming to my mind, though that situation is vastly different from the one regarding Spartan legacy games), however, I don't think in general frowning upon these things helps, it's just one of these things we can either accept or move on from. negativity, in general, will neither help oneself nor the people still liking that game.

And yes judging from Wild West Exodus I'm more than excited as well :)

We really hope players will embrace the new Armoured Clash. The scale change really lets us explore things in greater detail while retaining a more strategic playstyle (like Planetfall, Flames of War and Halo Ground Combat to name but a few).  We hope to bring you some fantastic looking designs and a new and exciting ruleset to play with. I've got concept art of fighters for Armoured Clash and they really do look wonderful. I can't wait to show you.  But let's get Dystopian Wars launched first, eh? 

The biggest problems with the size change remain 1. the difficulties of shifting existing models 2. the doubling up of aerial models when they are used in the same game.  How is detail going to change when all WC have shown so far is aesthetic changes to existing models with bigger doors.  Why couldn't a different rules system with existing models?  Why make people buy their floating boats all over again?  Why remove DWars unique synergy to make it more like existing games in a pretty well-filled niche?  It would be pleasant to have it sold to us beyond 1. WC knows best, 2. Its a market that already sells, to get the positive, creative vision.

Edited by Warcradle Stuart
Unnecessarily combative.