Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bednarek

Hands units "On Lookout" question......

A hands unit is on lookout and gets charged. They  can not fire, according to the FAQ? Or, can I spend 2 Fortune from my Boss to let them fire? Same question with a Face unit that does not have any Fortune,  can they fire from a spending of 2 Fortune from the Boss unit?

Where does it stand, that the unit needs fortune for the give them hell reaction? I searched the rulebook and the FAQ. Did'nt find anything on that topic.

Normally on the look out triggers, when the unit is declared as a target for the charge action. He declares the target of the charge, you declare your give them hell. Then the charge is will be done. That is the order as I think it is correct.

Maybe someone knows his stuff better than me^^

On 10/02/2018 at 6:13 PM, Cerryl said:

Where does it stand, that the unit needs fortune for the give them hell reaction? I searched the rulebook and the FAQ. Did'nt find anything on that topic.

Normally on the look out triggers, when the unit is declared as a target for the charge action. He declares the target of the charge, you declare your give them hell. Then the charge is will be done. That is the order as I think it is correct.

Maybe someone knows his stuff better than me^^

spot on - the difference between veteran instincts (which costs 2 fortune to pull off) and on the look out is small but important - on the look out is triggered by being nominated the target of an ACTION whereas Veteran Instincts is triggered by an ATTACK 

Hello there, again new player here.

Can a unit declare a Charge with the "Give em hell" reaction?

And if they can, they will declare against a charge combat action, and how would be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if these are simply questions, but we are in our third game, and still there are some questions on the air.

49 minutes ago, 5Elements said:

Hello there, again new player here.

Can a unit declare a Charge with the "Give em hell" reaction?

And if they can, they will declare against a charge combat action, and how would be resolved?

The only actions you can take as part of the Give em Hell reaction are combat actions (Shoot or strike) and only at RoA 1.  This means you cannot charge, strike with multiple weapons etc.

Absolutely no problem, that's why we are here B)

Thanks a lot.

Now an additional question related to this.

Give em hell! can only be activated by the model (not unit)  being the Initial Target of the attack?. Regardless if it is obtained by  "On Look Out" condition, or by Veteran Instincs?

I mean, you can only make Give em hell reaction, if you are the initial target of an Attack Action, isn't it?

As per veteran instincs rulebook text (page 14).

Thanks in advance.

The "Give em hell" reaction text in the version 1.07 (pdf) rules states "unit" throughout (page 30).

My reading of that is that if a unit is declared as the initial target of a combat action, the unit must "give em hell" unless it makes a Mind check.

"Veteran instincts"  takes two fortune to put the unit "On Lookout" and straight into "Give em hell" out of activation.

The unit does either need to generate"Fortune" or be the recipient of "Largesse".