Sign in to follow this  
BigBoom87

New player

I've only recently gotten into FSA, and I really like the look and MO of the Directorate...so what are some good starting tips-I'm looking for a Cyber warfare heavy fleet.

So, what are some good suggestions in terms of ships, etc? 

The Directorate probably have the most complete tactica of any faction, permanently linked at the top of the Directorate page.  The General Tactica post includes a lot on cyber ships and tactics, and then each ship has it's own specific post as well.  Very briefly, you want the Anarchist battleship, Turmoil R&D cruisers, Hostility Drones, and Overseer with Tormentor accompaniments.  In v2 the "default" option is to target Life Support (especially against Terrans) since it degrades opponents AD and PD, but there are also tricks like targeting engines on a tier 1 (if it has to turn to avoid terrain and you'd rather it hit the terrain instead :)) or on one ship of a Tier 2 squadron (since they have to stay in coherency that effectively trashes the Move of a whole unit).

An all cyber fleet is viable, but one thing to remember is while you may be ****ing up the enemy, you won't be killing any of them. A Combined cyber/boarding fleet will give you some more options, but has a much steeper learning curve. Shipwise, the Anarchist is good at both as is and will become a boarding monster with both Hardpoint optons.  A squadron of Heavy Cruisers are a shoe in for any fleet, they are too good to miss point wise. As said above, the Carrier with Torment R&D is a strong, resilient unit. Give the Torment's the AP upgrade and get a 14AP to boot.

And welcome to the correct faction. We run this universe:D

Thanks-I saw the tactics but wasn't sure if they were still relevant since it seems like we may be getting a V.3 soon, and it was between the Directorate & Dendrezni (loved the giant Halo-esque forward guns), but chose to twirl my mustache while ransacking planets for "resources"

Directorate are a solid force, but you should build for variety,  Cyber Warfare is just one tool on the multi-tool that is the Directorate. 

Everything is just speculation on the Revised rules at this stage. With Dystopian Wars/Age getting all of the love first, it could be a while before anything changes.