We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Skyhawk

Firestorm Painting Group

We need to see more pictures in here. Come on people, what are you working on?

Just finished the Ryushi Alliance Fleet box, after this I have a Hawker Industries alliance fleet and a squadron of Terran Shield Cruisers to paint up and then I move on to terrain. 

I like to call this photoset 'Adventures in Amateur Jeweling and Glows'

20180424_151745.jpg 20180424_151729.jpg 20180424_151658.jpg 20180424_151622.jpg 20180424_151528.jpg 20180424_151445.jpg

Currently I've got some second hand Aquans in the Green soaking, Terrans I need go through and select what units I want, and some second hand Directorate that I need to decide am I just touching up their current paint job or dunking them.  Plus I need to find an image hosting site I like, de-gear my camera for wildlife work and re-gear it for macro photography.  (that is if I don't just go "hunting" on my next day off)

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Jannesen said:

We need to see more pictures in here. Come on people, what are you working on?

I ain't got no firestorm to paint.....Sniff, sniff. But if I get lucky I just might here soon!

@Wolfgang Jannesen, @Kookaburra those models look good. Well done.

1 hour ago, northerndragons said:

Plus I need to find an image hosting site I like

Have you tried Postimage?

12 hours ago, northerndragons said:

sitting in the green.

Don't do this to me. I've already repainted my Relth once, I've been so tempted as of late to strip 'em again and bring 'em back to the green/black fade I used to have them in.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:04 PM, Wolfgang Jannesen said:

That Aquan scheme looks incredible! Very very eyecatching

Thanks! 

I got some more work done. Obviously its not done yet.

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

This one is almost done, I just need to figure out what to do with a part on the bottom.

IMG_1020.jpg

I don't know if you can see my attempt at making an engine glow or not but here is the back.

IMG_1022.jpg

The Aquans are proving to be less time consuming to paint than the Directorate.

Looks good!  Here's a tip about doing the 'glow'  ;)

OSL (Object Source Light) can be tricky, but looks awesome when done.  You've got a good start, take your green and dry brush it around the crystals, dry brush it out more towards the rear of the mini, and a little ahead and around the crystal.  Work progressively brighter but not as far each time for the layered look. (Light fades over distance)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.