Sign in to follow this  
Merlin

Tiny tank tokens. What to do with them?

When V3 drops and the tiny tank tokens become irrelevant and dropped completely from the game, what will players with existing models do with them?

Will they just be something to throw into the rubbish since they won't have any use anymore or could they be repurposed?

Obviously I think most players are in favour of the repurposing option, but how could they be repurposed?

I think some of them could be used as a naval unit of sorts. The Prussian Walze could easily be converted to act like a small boarding craft in DW or a gunboat. It looks boaty enough.

The Japanese Ke-Ho tank also looks like it would be a cool boat, rolling over the water.

The STO Faust could easily be a Multi Purpose model.

But I'm not sure about the other small tokens. 

What do you think? Do they have a place left in the game?

I'm sure something will come up.

I'm hoping they become support weapons (machine guns, mortars, etc).

Unless the coastal bombardment and/or amphibious landing rules are done as an appendix, with some "basic" stats for mobile airfields, etc we'll probably be seeing mobile airfields, tiny tanks, and the odd "unique" model (eg the Colombia train) become terrain pieces. 

Nice idea of turning the, into naval models. 

Just a pain for those of us who have based them as being on land! ;)

for me, I'll be keeping to DW:FA or version 2.0 or 2.5 for land games. The scale change is a big problem for me as I already play a great 6mm land game ( Epic Armageddon), and the big appeal of DW on land for me is the interaction of air and the massive mobile airfields.

The scale change to 10mm might work for the capital land ships and medium tanks, but it would mean that all my mobile airfields, tiny tanks, bunkers, towns and industrial scenery won't fit. 

58 minutes ago, Kapitan Montag said:

Nothing a little paint job wouldn't fix. I've textured up the bases on my Walze tanks, and I'm more than happy to repaint it up. And to make them usable I'm sure most others would do the same

3 hours ago, Kapitan Montag said:

Nice idea of turning the, into naval models. 

for me, I'll be keeping to DW:FA or version 2.0 or 2.5 for land games. The scale change is a big problem for me as I already play a great 6mm land game ( Epic Armageddon), and the big appeal of DW on land for me is the interaction of air and the massive mobile airfields.

The scale change to 10mm might work for the capital land ships and medium tanks, but it would mean that all my mobile airfields, tiny tanks, bunkers, towns and industrial scenery won't fit. 

For me, I already had a proxy plan for my CoA- they're painted red for a reason- they're going to be AdMech when the new version of Epic comes out. 10mmDW seems pointless because I was in it for the landships. DW Land without that holds zero interest for me, so I might as well choose a 10mm game that mght have a playerbase two minutes from where I work.

That's why I suggested making them support weapons (machineguns, mortars, etc). Most players will own no more than a dozen or so (although I own 60 Pioneers, that's only because I have over 10k points of American armour) and infantry platoons in 10mm scale would probably include one or two support sections.

On 28/12/2017 at 3:13 AM, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

That's why I suggested making them support weapons (machineguns, mortars, etc). Most players will own no more than a dozen or so (although I own 60 Pioneers, that's only because I have over 10k points of American armour) and infantry platoons in 10mm scale would probably include one or two support sections.

Maybe you could even get a bit creative with greenstuff and put some creative dots in to represent people, with the scale change. We'll have to see. I do hope the whole "infantry" concept stays, that was one of the changes I really thought gave some individuality to the armoured part of Dystopian Wars.