sleeping_squirrel

Dystopian Legions models in WWX - count as

Morning everybody,

never heard about WWX until Warcradle acguired Dystopian IP. Now I have Prussian and British armies for Legions and we would like to give WWX a try with models we have. Is there anybody here familiar with both ranges who could help me find the best "count as" models to try WWX?

3 hours ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

It will be interesting to see how they are integrated. I have Americans (1st edn starter, forward observers, tread bikes) Japanese (1st edn starter, medics, sky bikes, and an extra shinobi) French and Antarctican (both from 2nd edn box)

If you look at the archived forums they have dystopian legions listed and said they are going to bring it back at some point.  They plan on making it a separate game but use either the same or similar rules to WWE.   Not sure why they just don't make the factions for the nations from Dystopian wars that are not represented in WWE.

On 31/12/2017 at 3:53 PM, Jsiegel1983 said:

If you look at the archived forums they have dystopian legions listed and said they are going to bring it back at some point.  They plan on making it a separate game but use either the same or similar rules to WWE.   Not sure why they just don't make the factions for the nations from Dystopian wars that are not represented in WWE.

Narrative is really important to the games in the Dystopian Age. Just adding the French, Prussians, Polish, Australians etc into the Wild West isn’t doing those factions or the setting a service. Trust us, we have plans to give both WWX new releases in keeping with growing its narrative and also a fantastic new future for other factions in the Dystopian Age at that scale, but not in the Wild West.

24 minutes ago, Warcradle Stuart said:

Narrative is really important to the games in the Dystopian Age. Just adding the French, Prussians, Polish, Australians etc into the Wild West isn’t doing those factions or the setting a service. Trust us, we have plans to give both WWX new releases in keeping with growing its narrative and also a fantastic new future for other factions in the Dystopian Age at that scale, but not in the Wild West.

I understand that is the route you are taking.  My point is that those other factions already existed in Dystopian wars and therefore Dystopian age while these new factions in Wild West Exodus only exist in Wild West Exodus.  Also, I am a fan of the idea that was put out in the Q and A about using all three games in a campaign.  Basically, starting with Dystopian wars and going to amphibious landing to bring units for Armored Clash to fight on land and then moving to Wild West Exodus for the smaller sized skirmishes that take place as part of the major battle.  

You can't use all three games in this way if you don't have the factions available for use in Wild West Exodus.  I am not at all saying that you shouldn't use the current Wild West Exodus factions that are not part of Dystopian wars. I am simply saying to give the other factions that do exist representation in Wild West Exodus, because they are a bigger part of Dystopian Age.  

Using a different game even with the same rules for those other factions is like putting them on the shelf and saying that they are not really important to the game.  Also, having the rest of the Dystopian wars factions separate from the Wild West Exodus factions makes it vary hard to see the two games as part of a whole story.  If you want the three games to be part of the same story or background then they should all have some representation in all the games.  From a company standpoint it woukd give you more options for the long term for products to produce and sell as well.

I know I won't change your mind.  That has been made very clear on multiple occasions on these forums that your company does not want to take ideas from the community into consideration.  I am simply voicing my opinion and trying to help.  Even if it is unwanted.

25 minutes ago, Jsiegel1983 said:

I understand that is the route you are taking.  My point is that those other factions already existed in Dystopian wars and therefore Dystopian age while these new factions in Wild West Exodus only exist in Wild West Exodus.  Also, I am a fan of the idea that was put out in the Q and A about using all three games in a campaign.  Basically, starting with Dystopian wars and going to amphibious landing to bring units for Armored Clash to fight on land and then moving to Wild West Exodus for the smaller sized skirmishes that take place as part of the major battle.  

You can't use all three games in this way if you don't have the factions available for use in Wild West Exodus.  I am not at all saying that you shouldn't use the current Wild West Exodus factions that are not part of Dystopian wars. I am simply saying to give the other factions that do exist representation in Wild West Exodus, because they are a bigger part of Dystopian Age.  

Using a different game even with the same rules for those other factions is like putting them on the shelf and saying that they are not really important to the game.  Also, having the rest of the Dystopian wars factions separate from the Wild West Exodus factions makes it vary hard to see the two games as part of a whole story.  If you want the three games to be part of the same story or background then they should all have some representation in all the games.  From a company standpoint it woukd give you more options for the long term for products to produce and sell as well.

I know I won't change your mind.  That has been made very clear on multiple occasions on these forums that your company does not want to take ideas from the community into consideration.  I am simply voicing my opinion and trying to help.  Even if it is unwanted.

Woah there, we have listened to loads and loads of ideas.  Just because we take a different path doesn't mean we are not paying attention! I think this is one of those things you should sit back and wait and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Warcradle Richard said:

Woah there, we have listened to loads and loads of ideas.  Just because we take a different path doesn't mean we are not paying attention! I think this is one of those things you should sit back and wait and see what happens.

Sorry if that was too harsh.  There have been some comments made by moderators that were basically telling people to stop complaining and go along.  I will wait and see what happens.  I also intend to try all of your games out.  Dystopian wars is by far my favorite table top game and I just want it to be as good as it can.

1 minute ago, Jsiegel1983 said:

Sorry if that was too harsh.  There have been some comments made by moderators that were basically telling people to stop complaining and go along.  I will wait and see what happens.  I also intend to try all of your games out.  Dystopian wars is by far my favorite table top game and I just want it to be as good as it can.

No need to say sorry, we do understand how much love there is for the games. We really want to put them in a place where you will have a large number of adversaries to play against. 

Well, I've ordered the Red Oak box. Eventually, I'll get Union, so that I can at least integrate (most) of my Americans into them. The "wilderness section" would probably be better off as Warrior Nation, but the rest (apart from Samuel Orlington) should be "close enough" to use as reinforcements.

Nice.  I was looking at getting Warrior nation, but then I looked at the order.  Now I am not sure what I would get.  My decision to end up buying models for this game will depend upon Warcradle Studios doing a good enough job with Dystopian Age to make me want to buy models and start a new game.  Until then I will try to figure out which one I like more.  I will say this about Warcradle Studios I love their models.  They look fantastic.  Hopefully they can keep that quality and detail going for all the models they make.

47 minutes ago, Warcradle Stuart said:

That's the plan! You should see some of the stuff Roberto and the creative guys are working on. Absolutely amazing. Of course now I need to decide what faction(s) to collect... 

Where would we see this?