Jsiegel1983

Prussian Imperium future

I see that the Prussian Imperium consists of Prussia, Austria, Denmark and Tuetonic knights.  Previously Prussia and Denmark have had naval models.  Teutonic knights have not had naval models and Austria is new.   I am curious to see how the different parts of the Prussian Imperium differ from each other and also work together.  If I understand it correctly you can use squadrons from all of the parts or focus on one part of the Prussian Imperium.  

I will be happy as long as tesla coils are still around.   

I always wanted the Austro-Hungarians to be the baroque gunships that compliment the Prussians, as the Raj were to the British, losing the Tesla, but keeping the gunnery, but make it piercing, add in some bombards and ramships to represent a med fleet, a proud nation, resilient but not as tech focused.

They do get Austrians so who knows.  Maybe war cradle is reading this and considering it.  I have always enjoyed using boarding with Pruasians and rammed small ships when they go in the way.  I would love to have a dedicated ramming ship.  That being said I do love Tesla.  

In some ways Austria did have their own forces. However, apart from the Kaiser Karl, the forces were just "local variations" of Prussian ones.

The STO, and Denmark, had so many lend-lease Prussian units, many of which were also already in the main Prussian list anyway, that it makes sense to have them all together.

Sadly I purchased all the STO and Canadian stuff as well.  Seeing as War Cradle has listed Teutonic knights under Prussian Imperium in dystopian wars makes me hope they will either release what was coming out or their own variation of it.  

I personally would like to see the parts of the Prussian Imperium differ from each other in rukes, weapons and style of play.  Obviously you woukd be able to use them together, but you could focus on one and have a variety of styles of play rather than just the one.  Having more tesla on Prussian, guns on Austrian, and maybe mines or something else on Denmark.  Teutonic order will hopefully have more giant robots.  I know not everyone is a fan of them, but I am.  

What do you want to see the Prussian Imperium have for rules, weapons and/or style of play?

15 hours ago, RuleBritannia said:

I always wanted the Austro-Hungarians to be the baroque gunships that compliment the Prussians, as the Raj were to the British, losing the Tesla, but keeping the gunnery, but make it piercing, add in some bombards and ramships to represent a med fleet, a proud nation, resilient but not as tech focused.

I think that sounds an ideal styling for them!

In the past I found medium squadrons were the strength of a Prussian Empire fleet.  The Hussar gunship and Uhlan cruiser or a specialized squadron that was a mix of the 2 were my go to mediums for naval squadrons and Pflitch was my flier go to squadron.  Supporting them with small and large squadrons made them very effective.  When making a list I would have the highest percentage of my points in mediums.   I wonder if that will still be the case with the new edition coming.  That and if it will have the same requirements for force building.  A lot of people didn't like the Stolz in the past.  The other small options were better choices and cheaper.  Maybe 3.0 will make it so the Stolz will finally be used reguraly.

Prussian mediums like the Hussars are worth their cost. I have the Gustav, Brandtaucher and Lahn models- hard to ignore those in any game I use Prussians. The Gustav is a terrific model- A rail gun loaded on a armed transport. Great detail and Really nice to have in a fleet. The elbe is similar to me and and great carrier. The new BBs are cool as well.

I will be interested in how the partially distributed Spartan units will be dealt with in 3.0.

Will any Spartan era  models be produced?

Will there be new new versions of those models that will have the same stats but different stylings?

A model company must sell models, WC wants to honor the past models and sell new ones. How those will integrate with the old will definitely be a key point in how DA will move forward. WC is highly engaged with the community- they must like to do that because "Patience of Job " and ad nauseam come to mind when reading all the FB and community posts, especially on fluff.  I hope they can get more details on these questions. They may have to some degree- there is a LOT of posts by them so I might have missed it.

9 minutes ago, CDR_G said:

Prussian mediums like the Hussars are worth their cost. I have the Gustav, Brandtaucher and Lahn models- hard to ignore those in any game I use Prussians. The Gustav is a terrific model- A rail gun loaded on a armed transport. Great detail and Really nice to have in a fleet. The elbe is similar to me and and great carrier. The new BBs are cool as well.

I will be interested in how the partially distributed Spartan units will be dealt with in 3.0.

Will any Spartan era  models be produced?

Will there be new new versions of those models that will have the same stats but different stylings?

A model company must sell models, WC wants to honor the past models and sell new ones. How those will integrate with the old will definitely be a key point in how DA will move forward. WC is highly engaged with the community- they must like to do that because "Patience of Job " and ad nauseam come to mind when reading all the FB and community posts, especially on fluff.  I hope they can get more details on these questions. They may have to some degree- there is a LOT of posts by them so I might have missed it.

I think WC said they are not remaking the models using the Spartan molds and instead are using their own molds.  This means that if they make the existing ships they will be different from the existing models but will probably be similar.  They did post a picture of the existing Russian tank next to their new version and the 2 are very similar.  

It will be interesting to see if they make more models of the same class and keep all of the existing ones.  For example, we have the Emperor and the Mark 1/2 Eider available.  Will WC keep these ships and add new battleships?  Also now they are counting Prussia as 4 different nations allied together.  How is that going to affect the models?   

Good questions.  I need to know if my old models will all be second class citizens. I am all for coining the DW/DA story and trying out the new rules. But not starting over. The existing models will need to be just as good as the new models to maintain my enthusiasm.

40 minutes ago, CDR_G said:

Good questions.  I need to know if my old models will all be second class citizens. I am all for coining the DW/DA story and trying out the new rules. But not starting over. The existing models will need to be just as good as the new models to maintain my enthusiasm.

Agreed.

I'm hoping that what we'll get with be something along the lines of what a few of us already used to explain to new players when asked "why so many different classes of battleship?"

I always explain it as different shipyards. Each tweak their designs for various reasons  (resource limitations, independent shipyards, etc). For example, the Emperor is made in the "primary" shipyard, near Berlin, while the Kaiser Karl is made from one of the smaller Hapsburg-run facilities. The Eider is built in the Iceland facilities, so has been influenced both by being in a "remote" region, and having STO engineers' collaboration with the construction.

52 minutes ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

I'm hoping that what we'll get with be something along the lines of what a few of us already used to explain to new players when asked "why so many different classes of battleship?"

I always explain it as different shipyards. Each tweak their designs for various reasons  (resource limitations, independent shipyards, etc). For example, the Emperor is made in the "primary" shipyard, near Berlin, while the Kaiser Karl is made from one of the smaller Hapsburg-run facilities. The Eider is built in the Iceland facilities, so has been influenced both by being in a "remote" region, and having STO engineers' collaboration with the construction.

I have actually never thought of it that way, but I really like it.  I would like to see this trend on more ship classes.  The only 2 concerns I have with doing that however is; one, too many choices causing the factions to lose their individual feel and two, having one version clearly superior to another model in the same class making it obsolete.  If those could be avoided they could make a lot more versions of each ship class.  

Most of the Prussian ships are pretty similar the Emperor and 2 Eiders are effectively the same ship. They are just different combinations of regular/tesla broadsides, and regular/speer turrets. The Karl is just an Emperor with a bridge-mounted speer turret  (or it's an upsized k'burg, with an aft turret).

It's a really important that the older Models will be Fully compatible with the new ones.  otherwise I just think that a very large part of the player base will ignore the new game. As others have already said even only a look based approach will be enough. Another fondamental issue will be balancing and Fleet flavour. Fleets need to play different and have different way of playing which is a thing that the spartan has always missed

Since naval battless will be Dystopian wars and nd battles will be Armored clash and Armored clash is a separate game I am curious how that will affect the Metzger.  In previous editions we could field the Metzger in land and naval battles.  Since the land and naval theaters are now seperated into different games I wonder if the Metzger will remain a naval option.  I would personally like it to remain and option with some improvements since it was lacking in 2.5.  

The question will be scale.  Will they preserve the naval model, and have a scaled up land version, or keep the land version and have a scaled down naval version, or have the dread bot as the naval version?  Or some combination therein.

When I bought the box that came with the 2 Metzgers they were on a base chest high in the water already.  It is a different model from the land variant.  They wouldn't have to change the scale at all if they kept the 2 models.  Besides even if the scale did change as long as the base was the same size I would still use the ones I have instead of the new ones.   I would be fine with having rules for the Metzger in naval games and Warcradle not even releasing new models.  I just want to use the toys I already have.   Ideally they would have rules and new models for both Dystopian wars and Armored clash so people who don't have them can buy them for either game.   As for the holchmeister, that can be for land and naval as well.  Will that be part of Dystopian wars 3.0 or will it be limited to Armored clash only?  

The question is will models like the Metzger or similar models be used on both Dystopian wars and Armored clash?  This is really a question for War cradle unless this information has already been released.

24 minutes ago, Jsiegel1983 said:

The question is will models like the Metzger or similar models be used on both Dystopian wars and Armored clash?  This is really a question for War cradle unless this information has already been released.

There will be a Metzger for Dystopian Wars and a miniature the same size (though with the different scale representing a smaller automata) for Armoured Clash. Of course you could use the land version of the Metzger model as a ‘counts as’ for Armoured Clash. 

Awesome.  Thanks.  Seems you are doing what you can to keep the old models in the game while coming out with new ones.  If you maintain the quality and aesthetics I will definitely be buying some new models for my Prussians.  I would really like to see something from the new Prussian fleet other than the Ice Maiden.  Some of the 3D renders from other fleets have shown some changes to the design of the ships.  I would like to see what changes they will make to the Prussian fleet.  Again this is me being impatient and not waiting for things to be released.