I may be stupid, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question in the book or on line but...

When you're selecting units to put in your posse, can you have more than 6 units and can a unit be used for more than 1 slot?

So if you have slot 1 say a Face and/or support unit and 2 says Doc Holiday and/or a support. Does this mean I can have up to 4 units, and does Doc count as both slot 1 and 2 as he is both a Face and a named slot?

Thanks for reading guys

52 minutes ago, Thorpe557 said:

So if you have slot 1 say a Face and/or support unit and 2 says Doc Holiday and/or a support. Does this mean I can have up to 4 units, and does Doc count as both slot 1 and 2 as he is both a Face and a named slot?

No, you put Doc Holiday in slot #2 und need a face or support unit for slot #1.

52 minutes ago, Thorpe557 said:

When you're selecting units to put in your posse, can you have more than 6 units and can a unit be used for more than 1 slot?

There are some posses with slots for one or more units, so that you can place, say,  two hands units within one slot.

A posse has usually 1 Boss slot and 6 additional slots. If you want more units to fit in your force (and ran out of slots), you have to open up another posse, which in turn of course requires an additional boss to lead the posse.

58 minutes ago, Chuck said:

And/or allows you to take both if desired. If a unit has sick em' or trapper they count as that slot, in addition to the original and/or choices. ;)

Just to make it clear:

"And" forces you to take both units

"Or" allows you to choose one of the units

"and/or" allows but not forces you to take both

There is no better way, it Depends on what you want and your strategy. Its just a matter of what fits you better. Using more slots may grant access to some units that you cant use in the first couple of slots,  in the other hand some posses give binteresting bonuses if you fill every option in every slot. 

5 hours ago, Ace of Spades said:

There is no better way, it Depends on what you want and your strategy. Its just a matter of what fits you better. Using more slots may grant access to some units that you cant use in the first couple of slots,  in the other hand some posses give binteresting bonuses if you fill every option in every slot. 

Thanks.  I am looking at getting the warrior nation starter box in the near future.  I will try some games out.  I guess it is like anyother game where you have to play a bit to get the hang of it.   Maybe with a little trial and error too.