Sign in to follow this  
Mooby

First Steps in to the Confederate Rebellion

Hey guys, does anyone have any advice for what to buy after the starter posse for my Confederates? I was thinking of getting the rebel scouts/dixie snipers pack and a trooper with heavy slugger... After that what would you recommend?? 

Im a great fan of the dixies. 

I would recomend you to buy the models you like and try them on the board, its the best way to learn about each of your models and find combinations that work well to you... That said, the wraith and tobias franklyn are really good for their cost... And slayn is an absolutely bargain (expect a point increase at some point)

I'm curious as well. I'm new to the game and loving the model range but somewhat confused with some of the units that should be included. As well as the posse theme list card. For example, on the confederate rebellion theme card, the card is written like this:

1) ben hamilon/or outlaw confederate hand unit

2) up to 2 confederate hand units

3) up to 2 outlaw confederate  units

4) up to 2 outlaw confederate  units

5) outlaw confederate unit and/or outlaw merc support unit

6) outlaw confederate unit and/or outlaw merc support unit

Whats not clear is say I take the outlaw confederate hand unit for bullet 1, does that count towards the one I'll need for bullet 2?  Because if it doesn't, this game seems like its a lot larger then a skirmish game if by this theme posse list, I'm going to need potentially 5 units plus just to get the benefit.

Hi,

I am new to the game too so I am no expert but as  I understand if you take a hands unit for the first slot  it would not count towards the total for any other slot. But each hand unit can be only 3 figures and a support unit can be just one so you could fill the list above with just 12 figures plus the boss to make a total of 13 figures in  7 units. And remember you are not obliged to fill every slot  - you just fill them in order until you reach the points total agreed for the game you are playing. You could also take more than one Boss and reach your points total with no hands  at all.

Hopefully  someone can confirm if this is correct or not!

As for unit recommendation, I agree on Slayn.  Cold blooded with a brutal ROA 2 weapon is really good.  I also say pick up Wendell Lee.  Makes any unit within 3" of him have toughness (which is really strong right now).  More expensive option for your wallet is to get some bikes and put Ross Mackeye (good in confederate posses) or Jim Younger (great offense) on them.

Yes redcoat is mostly right.  Any unit/points spent on bullet 1 are not applied to bullet 2 ect.  What might be throwing you off though is that most posses offer 2 options per bullet but you don't have to take both.  so for instance, with the confederate posse you could have:

Stonewall Jackson (boss)

1: ben hamilton

2-6: any confederate face

for a total of minimum of 7 models and it would still be a complete posse.  

Unfortunately the k9 attack dogs are no longer a "confederate" unit so they can't be taken as a hand unit in that posse and can only be taken through Tobias' "sic 'em" ability. so right now your current posse should look like this:

Stonewall Jackson (boss)

1:  [blank] (used to be k9 unit)

2: Jefford Williams

3: Tobias Franklyn (with K9s if you like them)

4: Confederate Terminator

5: [blank]

6: [blank]

From here you need to fill out #1 with either Ben Hamilton or with the dixie troops pack which could fill both #1 and #5 with scouts and snipers (3-5 models of each).  Personally I recommend the troops, because if you are just playing casually it is easy to modify some of the extra models and have them replace other faces.  For instance, paint one of the sniper models white and have him sub in for Ben Hamilton (a white cloaked sniper), and paint one of the scouts black and have him sub in for slayn (a cloaked black pistol/melee unit).  It will not be tournament legal, but most players I have found have been pretty chill about it as long as you print their actual stat cards and can visually distinguish them.

EDIT: Stuart just chimed in on another thread and mentioned that outlaw K9s are now confederate again.  Posse can now be updated as such.