Vedar

What will new PF bring us?

It's good to hear WC mention PF as much as FA, even though I'm pretty sure PF will be last in line to get any new releases. I'm just hoping no scale changes here. If they kept the scale of armored clash they would have a happy customer. With the scale change there now I will have to really like the rules and measure that with how annoyed I am I have to use proxies or how many models will no longer be usable. Please please please no scale change with PF.

Just as an insight. Growing up I cut my teeth on playing Laserburn and its sibling Imperial Commander. I absolutely loved those games and the scale of battles we fought.  Do not fear, we are not going to be changing the scale but just wanted to let you know that this scale of scifi gaming is a love of ours. We hope to make the narrative in the Firestorm universe more interesting and stronger too. More news on that after Christmas though.

3 hours ago, Warcradle Richard said:

Just as an insight. Growing up I cut my teeth on playing Laserburn and its sibling Imperial Commander. I absolutely loved those games and the scale of battles we fought.  Do not fear, we are not going to be changing the scale but just wanted to let you know that this scale of scifi gaming is a love of ours. We hope to make the narrative in the Firestorm universe more interesting and stronger too. More news on that after Christmas though.

100%!

Great to hear PF is in the stable to stay. Started on FSA but when PF hit thats what I enjoyed the most. Always hoped it would expand out to have multiple missions to play...Dare I mention like Flames of War. Just so there was a variety to the games. It was always aimed at the initial landing assault but did not translate well to the battles that follow to subdue an enemy planet. Seemed silly for the last dogged defenders of a besieged planet to skydrop in half their forces on what was supposed to be a last desperate defense to hold for reinforcements. Hopefully we can have the FSA and PF gel together to allow for a good space/terrestrial campaign with out having to comprimise how one or the other plays....... Just the musings of a Directorate corporate drone ....   

Some scenario could be a good start.

The game is great .We just need more option to tailor ours army;).

Some helix need more distinctive ability from faction to faction...exemple all assault helix! FLAVOR and originiality please.

Daydreaming maybe 

On 12/23/2017 at 8:35 AM, sithsquirrel said:

Great to hear PF is in the stable to stay. Started on FSA but when PF hit thats what I enjoyed the most. Always hoped it would expand out to have multiple missions to play...Dare I mention like Flames of War. Just so there was a variety to the games. It was always aimed at the initial landing assault but did not translate well to the battles that follow to subdue an enemy planet. Seemed silly for the last dogged defenders of a besieged planet to skydrop in half their forces on what was supposed to be a last desperate defense to hold for reinforcements. Hopefully we can have the FSA and PF gel together to allow for a good space/terrestrial campaign with out having to comprimise how one or the other plays....... Just the musings of a Directorate corporate drone ....   

Well, part of the reasont hat it was always a drop in, was that Planetfall was always supposed to be just that, the inital invasion of a world.  Spartan had planned to do THREE ground games!  (Anyone surprised?  Anyone at all...?) with Planetfall being hte most epic in scale.  There was supposed to be a 15mm one for the other battles, sweeping in to more fortified areas, but more spread out, adn a 28mm versionb for squad level stuff, like a Special Ops kind of deal.  

Planetfall has endured in my gaming group and we still play it a lot. Since the beginning I absolutely fell in love with the scale and models. I don't think the games needs much, except for a clearer rulebook, tweaks to terrain and scenarios. Of course some units and cards need rebalancing, but from what I could find about the test rules, the proposed changes looked pretty good.

I really hope the models become availible again soon, because right now we just can't grow the playerbase here.