quiet01

Woot!

23 minutes ago, wrongtrousers said:

Now.....how do we resurrect that Firestorm Armada Kickstarter with the new faction and Pathogen coolness?

I think the best thing to do is forget about anything associated with THAT debacle and move on. 

Warcradle will have a plan in place for Firestorm and implement that plan when the time is right. 

53 minutes ago, Overread said:

*still wants those pathogen models and such*

That said I'd be shocked if we see or hear anything Firestorm before mid-next year. I would wager dystopian wants to be out the door and working before we'll see them turn to Firestorm.

Probably uncharted seas reboot too. Time to row row row before going pew pew pew.

I spoke to Stuart after the IP purchase was made about V3 and if it would be around for Reading Warfare 2018 (Nov). Probably not was the response. But we can always hope tings get advanced. 

The Firestorm Kickstarter was not funded, and belonged wholly to the Spartan chapter, as such, it is consigned to history....

Does that mean extra coolness for Firestorm will not be happening in the future? No, of course it will!

Warcradle will be developing the entire Firestorm universe in interesting ways, all of which you're going to have to wait for - but the wait will be worth it. They're incredibly busy with the Dystopian Age at the moment, and as Kaptyn Krys has mentioned above, resurrecting Uncharted Seas.

As we all have attested to in the past, Firestorm v2 is a pretty solid game right now, so it can withstand an extended wait (and deserves the extra time and attention, doesn't it?) ;-)

So keep playing, keep spreading the word and bringing new players into the fold....

24 minutes ago, Alex Mann said:

So keep playing, keep spreading the word and bringing new players into the fold....

That's going to be tricky around here a least. It died off long before Spartan did thanks to the weirdness of new ships and the Taskforce silliness.  However I think a healthy dose of enthusiasm could be mustered once details of a re-release or new edition is placed into the moulds.

Here's hoping it goes well alongside Dystopian Wars!

They don't have access to the details of the Kickstarter, of course, but doesn't Warcradle now own the renders/design of the Saurian and Pathogen ships?  Those would have been Spartan IP and data at time of the purchase right?

I'm really hoping to get my hands on those Aquan light torpedo destroyers; that design was so sleek. 

I would assume that Warcradle does own the renders from the KS; unless they were to be paid for from proceeds of the KS and its failure to find meant that the designer retained ownership/copyright; but that really depends on the contracts and such.

Also interesting to read that you're going to focus on Uncharted Seas before Firestorm. Whilst I'm 100% for Uncharted making abig return it surprises me in that Firestorm already has a valid fanbase that is active and bigger than Uncharted (which has been dead in the water so long its pretty much a dead duck and a full product relaunch at this stage). I'd have thought whilst working hard on Firestorm is important; that getting at least the sculpts back in production and selling again would have been a big thing - even if you do nothing with the rules yet it would at least encourage people to hold onto their collections and keep gaming. 

4 hours ago, Alex Mann said:

The Firestorm Kickstarter was not funded, and belonged wholly to the Spartan chapter, as such, it is consigned to history....

Does that mean extra coolness for Firestorm will not be happening in the future? No, of course it will!

Warcradle will be developing the entire Firestorm universe in interesting ways, all of which you're going to have to wait for - but the wait will be worth it. They're incredibly busy with the Dystopian Age at the moment, and as Kaptyn Krys has mentioned above, resurrecting Uncharted Seas.

As we all have attested to in the past, Firestorm v2 is a pretty solid game right now, so it can withstand an extended wait (and deserves the extra time and attention, doesn't it?) ;-)

Biggest thing here is getting the original moulds back into action and getting new stock of them back into the market. Right now if a new/existing player wanted to buy - for example - a new Ryushi fleet, they're stuck searching through eBay and facebook buy/sell groups which is more effort than someone 'on the fence' on buying in for the first time/reinvesting after the original death  is necesarily willing to put in.

Good to be back. Time for the 501st to make comeback!

From what I have been able to gather from Warcradle's various Q&A  videos on youtube, they plan to start working on Firestorm 3.0 after Dystopian Ages roughly 12 months from now, but it sounds like they are working on getting production up on current sculpts now. And  they intend to make some kickstarter models and updating older models at some point. Hopefully that means we'll have an Indomitable one day.  

Merry  Christmas!!

I have no burning desire to see any new content rushed out.  I just want Armada to get a pulse back and to see product being manufactured again.

I managed to get a hold of most of the ships I wanted in the week after Spartan's closure, but I'm still missing  a few squadrons.

I'd rather things go "right" than "fast".