WELCOME TO THE WARCRADLE COMMUNITY!

This is the thread for you to take a moment to introduce yourself. Here's a set of questions to help you structure your post:

Which games produced by Warcradle Studios do you play?

How long have you been playing these games?

Where do you play?

Which fleets and armies do you own? Which fleets and armies do you plan to add to your collection?

What is your favourite Warcradle Studios model?

Anything else you would like to tell the Warcradle Studios Community?

EXISTING MEMBERS: Please feel free to add an entry to this thread even if you have been a part of the Warcradle Community for a long time as it will prove useful to new members.

First ! 

I'm very old gamer to Dystopian wars, six ou seven years maybe

I'm live in france, near paris (Gif sur yvette :D)

I play a lot faction, french, english, Italian, Black wolf, american and HEC :) 

My favotire model, actually this is Crown battleship :D

I also a french youtuber, for wargames miniatures, I make a tutorial for painting, create scenery and presentation of game

here is a link for my youtube channel : 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZBJWNIuMAE7gE4KXkD-eA?disable_polymer=true

Top of the Morning to y'all

Mike Bissell here living in Glasgow in Scotland

Currently Playing Wild West Exodus - Back both KS and have been well impressed with the Warcradle Version, big well done to you all.

currently i have Warrior Nation, Outlaw, Confederates, Watchers and recently Law factions for the game.

have a fleet for the Britannia for of Dystopian so looking forwards to the new version, never got many games in as it was breaking up at our club as i got into it....hope its not related lol.

Play at our local war games club G3 in Glasgow and over at Common Ground Games in Stirling.

Used to play Firestorm Armada, Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Planetfall. Due to a lack of players in my area, I stopped FA, and stored my DW and PF armies. I have high hopes for a warcradle version of Firestorm Planetfall !

About 2 years, maybe a little more for Firestorm Armada

Where do you play?

At home or in clubs, in Bordeaux (France)

Which fleets and armies do you own? Which fleets and armies do you plan to add to your collection?

Brittania fleet for DW, Directorate and Relthoza armies for PF.

I don't really have a favourite model, but I like the directorate tanks^^

Hi,

My name is Clifford and I'm based in Bedfordshire in the UK. 

I used the previous forum intermittently, but I'm happy to reintroduce myself. 

Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, Firestorm Planetfall & Uncharted Seas. 

I've been playing & collecting for the last 5-6 years. Wargaming in general for oh so much longer. 

Where do you play?
Mainly at a local club - the Leighton Buzzard Wargaming Club. 

Dystopian: Russian & Prussian

Firestorm Armada: Sorylian, Directorate & Aquan. I'm also looking at the relthoza models and thinking 'ooh those are nice' 

Firestorm Planetfall:  Directorate

Uncharted Seas: Dwarves & Orcs

I was enticed into the whole range by the imperium sky fortress - who couldn't love a massive airfield on the back of a blimp? 

Glad to see my game survived, I have a Lot of fleets, and really didn't want to lose that investment. I was backing the Rear Admiral KS when the old tub sank, so it loseing that stake hit me hard.  

But anyway, back to the game:

Which games produced by Warcradle Studios do you play?  Dystopian wars with all three elements, air, land,  and sea.  I think this  is Armored Core now/again, and I am waiting to see how that works out. 

I also play older Fantasy Ships game that was once supported by the same company, not sure if War-Daddy bought them or not, so I won't use the name, but it was something about Waters without Charts.  (hope it was bought, loved that game) 

About 4 years  I found it a little late in the run, but at the time I could still find the ships at my FLGS. 

Where do you play?
My house mostly, I am in the Atlanta area and have entirely too many things to carry about. So my dedicated game room hosts the world spanning campaign that my friends and I have been playing. 

Federated States of America - Air, Land, & Sea. Just about everything with multiples, can field easily 5 navies, 4 armies and 2 air fleets, with these guys, love my 'Feds.  (very worried about changes to these guys) 

Prussian Empire - Air, Land, & Sea. Again, just about everything with multiples, can field easily 4 navies, 5 armies and 3 air fleets, love my Prussians

Britannia - Air, Land, & Sea most things with multiples, can field 3 navies, 2 armies and 3 air fleets I like the Brits. 

Empire of the Blazing Sun - Air, Land, & Sea most things with multiples, can field 3 navies, 3 armies and 2 air fleets.  the EOtBS are the quintessential bad guys at my table. 

France - Air, Land, & Sea Everything in many multiples, can field 5 navies, 6 armies and 3 air fleets I dont even like the French units,  but Ebay was kind to me so here they are. 

Antarcticans- Air, Land, & Sea you guessed it, multiples, can field 5 navies, 5 armies and 1 fat air fleet, I even have custom dice for them, everyone loves the Machinegun Penguins. 

Russia - Air, Land, & Sea, can field 4 navies, 6 armies and 1 janky air fleet. The Ruskies are the other big bad in my world. Just like they were in WWII they are their own side. 

Italians (New Roman Empire imw)  - Air, & Sea can field 3 navies, and 1 nasty air fleet I love these guys.   Also they have an army in my world, made of proxy pieces I modded for the job, even made their own stats too. 

Black wolf- enough to field a decent fleet with air support, or a murder squad of 3 super submarines (so patently unfair the concept was banned) 

Also haves: East India ships, Merchantmen, Buildings, Fortresses, Airstrip, Harbor and probably other things I forget... 

The FSA battleships are my favorite, the Liberty and Mississippi were awesome,  would love to see a new Dreadnought built along their lines.  

I thought the Battlecruisers were great all around, though they needed a bit of strengthening to really stand in, but loved the models for just about all of them, the Annapolis being my favorite of course. 

The airships also deserve some love, a great many designs were fantastic, but so little used because the rules made them complicated. 

Please in the name of all that is holy, focus on making the rules smooth and intuitive.  I would dearly love to see a game that does not require us to reference obscurely written rules which force you to flip back and forth to referece other rules. 

Seriously, I love this game. But playing it is literally reminiscent of researching case law (for legal cases), we probably dont want to limit this game to Juris Doctorates.  

I appreciate you asking for my opinion on this. Best if luck with the new properties. 

Hello again everybody, 

I'm based in Vermont, specifically Quarterstaff Games.

I play  Firestorm Armada and Planetfall.

I've been collecting for the past 6 years, but only started playing in the last 2. I've been playing tabletop miniatures longer.

Where do you play?

Quarterstaff Games, the main game store in Northern Vermont.

I primarily play Relthoza but I've also got Ba'Kash, Terran, Hawker, Ryushi and Aquan fleets

All :)

From when Uncharted seas come out

Where do you play?

At home or in club, in Belgrade, Serbia (recently more at home)

Prussians, Antarctica, Russians, Americans and Japanese for DW. Prussians, Japanese, Antarctica and France for DL. Aquans and Directorate in FS universe. Watchers, Outlaws and Warrior nation in WWX.

Hard question, but probably  Legendary Raven Spirit.

I eagerly awaiting "Dystopian legion"with the mix of WWX caracters :)

I will admit right up front that I am a little confused here, I got a email notification that the forms were back up (and I have an account), but I have never heard of Warcradle before and looking here nothing is ringing a bell. Di d they used to also have other games? Anyway I will answer the questions asked and see what come of it, hope everyone is enjoying the forums.

Which games produced by Warcradle Studios do you play? None

How long have you been playing these games? As I do not play any of them would have to say I have never played them, however I have been playing table top games for about 34 years.

Where do you play? The games that I play we play in three different clubs, also at four peoples homes depending on the game and group playing.

Which fleets and armies do you own? Which fleets and armies do you plan to add to your collection? Currently none, as I have never heard of any of these games, so also right now I do not plan to add any to my collection, I will be looking into these game and we will have to see if they are things that I am interested in.

What is your favourite Warcradle Studios model? Same as above.

Anything else you would like to tell the Warcradle Studios Community? Nothing comes to mind, but I hope to figure out what old game (my best guess of why I have an account) of theirs that I did play, but regardless I hope that everyone is enjoying the new forums.

None yet, hoping to change that soon with some more Armada. 

Not that long, a few years, been a table top war gamer for a long time now. 

Where do you play?

Game stores mostly. 

Planetfall: Dindrenzi, Terran Alliance, Directorate

Armada: Terran Alliance, Dindrenzi, Directorate, Works Raptor, Omnidyne, some Aquan and Brigand. 

Not sure, still looking, waiting for some Armada and Planetfall to look at. 

I'm here for the space ships. Really simple that. 

Wild Wext Exodus 2nd Edition.

I started in the first edition (bit over a year now), right before Warcradle acquired the Wild West Exodus game system.

Where do you play?

At my favourite LGS here in Cologne, Top Tables.

Currently i'm owning an Outlaws posse and a Lawmen posse, both built up with a core from the old two player box, but i'm planning to build up an Enlightened posse which will majorly consist of Creations.

Creation VII and Beitel, period. But i'm having high hopes for Unger.

Some of the potential new players in my area would love a german rulebook, although they've got no problem with the english version.

But i would gladly help out, if there's a need for german speaking players. :)

Also: MORE TERRAIN FOR 35mm SCALE! :D Though i'm really happy over that sneak peek.

EDIT:
A higher limit for attachments. would be great.
The current limit will not exactly provide cool user generated content like pictures from models or scenery,  i fear.

Name = Chris Carter

Game = I currently play Dystopian Wars, been playing just over a year.

Where do I play = Dorset/Somerset area.

Armies = I currently play American, Australian and Japanese.

Why am  I here, to help out and make sure the community remains positive and offers Warcradle the support it needs, and if I get the chance,  steal Stuarts left shoe.

Name = Poche Flynn

Game = I currently play Firestorm Armada (not just Pathogen)

Where do I play = South West Florida (USA)

Armies = I have large amounts of most Firestorm Fleets, some are even painted.

I'm looking forward to seeing the hobby and tactical sides of Firestorm progress.

It's good to be back!

I've been  playing  Firestorm Taskforce as the Terran Alliance for maybe two years now. I intend to get into Armada at some point in time.  As far as I know there is only one other player in my area so we tend to play at our church. I would like to get some Sorylians and Dindrenzi at eventually  . The Tyrant is my all time favorite battleship. 

I look forward to seeing what war cradle has in store for these games!

New forums, new introductions:

Wild West Exodus, Dystopian Wars and Armoured Clash

WWX since the second kickstarter arrived, the other for longer

Where do you play?

Canterbury, Kent.  I'm part of the Friday Night Fire Fight Club.

WWX - Confederates (Outlaws).  Dystopian Wars and Armoured Clash - Covenant of Antartica

Nimue is really cool.

Name: Jeremy Crawford

Which games produced by Warcradle Studios do you play?  Dystopian Wars

How long have you been playing these games? 2 years

Where do you play? Houston/Tomball/The Woodlands Texas

Which fleets and armies do you own?   US, Japan, Chinese, Russian and CoA   Which fleets and armies do you plan to add to your collection? France, Prussian, Britain

What is your favourite Warcradle Studios model?  FSA Independence Battleship

Anything else you would like to tell the Warcradle Studios Community?  I have a painting blog on Instagram jercraw941 and post stuff on the Dystopian Wars Facebook page periodically.

Well, morning and a Merry Christmas to all!

The name's Shawn Galligan, saying hello from either Chicago, IL or Door County, WI (depending on what time of year it is! I work winters in Chicago and summers in Door County)

I'm a new player in the Warcradle sandbox. Just started playing Wild West Exodus. I'm currently part of the Warrior Nation, but will probably have many Outlaw posses as well as I want to pick up the Conquistadors and the Wayward 8. Eyeing up Dystopian Wars; the ships caught my eye years ago.

See you across the table!

Good Evening all,

its a pleasure to meet you all,  I am Gobrinsan, aka David  your friendly local Mod , random conversation guy and interesting list builder for many a TTG :)

All of them! at the moment WWX, moving into the other games at a rapid pace and rule learning as fast as i can in order to support people!

25 years.. i still rememer my first ever encounter with Daz Warcradle in a local GW, hooked on 40K never looked back!

Where do you play?
where ever i can!, mostly at my local FLGS as they have a massive Warehouse size game hall, hot food coffee and awesome staff!

Fleets, as of yet none will own most of them soon enough!

Armies,, for Wild west exodus... All of them to a greater or lesser degree! will own everything eventually.. i am a collector :)

The  Wendigo, King Scarab or Legendry Wyatt Earp for Wild west Exodus,

If you need help or a sounding board for your ideas or concerns happy to help, i am just a PM away!

Howdy folks! Christoph here!

I play Dystopian Wars, and soon- Armored Clash once it is re-released.
I'm brand new to playing it- and whilst the land war scale change is happening in the future, I'm busy painting up some Covenant of Antarctica, as well as some Scandinavian Tuetonic Order to play with a few mates. I'm a gamer of many systems and I was quite struck with the structure and rules mechanics of the game- as well as the setting (which I will be honest, I initially dismissed a year or more ago).

I'm located in Victoria BC, Canada.

I've currently got some Covenant of Antarctica that I am gunning to paint up over the new year- and then dive into the giant stompy robots.
My favorite Model is either the Atticus medium walker, or the Shiltrager medium Robot.

I'm stoked to see the IP, and the game have new life breathed into it- and will be an avid participant for campaigns as they come up.

Morning Warcradlers!

I am Brian "Jed I" Powell from Houston, Tx!

I have been a part of the Wild West Exodus Community since the Original Kickstarter!   I was a Deputy during the WWX 1.0 days, currently a moderator for The Dark Council Facebook Group and have just signed on to help Moderate the forums under their new home here at Warcradle.  I also helped host WWX Tournaments and Events at Adepticon in 2016 and 2017 with a little help from some friends!   There is also a funny Beast of War interview from Adepticon 2016 featuring yours truly.

I currently own Lawmen, Order, Outlaws (including Golden Army, Conquistadors and Rebels), Hex, Union, Watchers, Warrior Nation and Enlightened Factions... tho my favorite factions are my Lawmen and Order.   

I also built and facilitated the WWX Posse Generator for 1.0 and am currently tinkering to build a version for 2.0.

My favorite model is Wyatt Earp with his shield... one of the hooks that got me into this game... tho a new model coming in 2018 may edge him out of my fav... Jedrick Powell from the Infernal Investigations Posse!

Howdy, partners.

I'm Sarah. I live in the North East of England, where I spend my days masquerading as a Purveyor of Fiction, wrapped in the cunning disguise of an Information Analyst. 

I'm still to fully get into the swing of playing, but I do have my Lovely Lawmen, nearly all of whom are now actually painted...

Mostly, I lurk. I do lurking very well.

Good evening everyone,

Dystopian Wars (and Armoured Clash, now that it's a separate game)

about 3 years

Where do you play?

France (Paris most of the time)

I have some French, Ottomans (missing the close alliance already :(), Russians, Japanese and am planning on adding some Italians to that list.

Really hard to say, probably gonna go with the La Rochelle, but there are too many fantastic models in the range to count :D

Thanks for picking up Dystopian Wars, and let's hope we (as a community) can keep this game going for years to come!

Also, I cannot overstate how much I second this :

8 hours ago, Offgrid.ttg said:

I eagerly awaiting "Dystopian legion"with the mix of WWX caracters :)

My name is David, I live in Japan but I am not Japanese

Wild West Exodus, sort of at this point.

I bought the old WWX starter set just after Warcradle took over the franchise I think, but didn't really get around to playing it until just recently.

Where do you play?

I currently live in rural Japan, so I have mostly just been playing solo at home, getting a feel for the rules etc. But I am enjoying it a lot.

I have a small posse each of Outlaws and Lawmen (from the old starter set) and I have a few Warrior Nation and Dark Nation minis on their way in the mail right now.
I don't currently have anything going for any of the other Warcradle IPs, but I expect that will change in the future.

I am not too sure what qualifies as a Warcradle Studios model, since I don't know really where the line is drawn between the models made by Outlaw and Spartan, and the stuff made by Warcradle's own crew. My favorite model that I personally own from a Warcradle IP would probably be Wyatt Earp. He's just a cool guy.

Yeah, so I have noticed on the internet that this may not be the only opinion held out there, but I for one am kind of excited to see Warcradle pick up the Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada lines. I haven't got a lot of experience in the wargame playing field, but since I was really little, my older sister collected and painted models by other companies based on a successful Fantasy movie trilogy, so the miniatures hobby has been one that has fascinated me for a long time. My WWX minis are my first real miniatures purchase, and seeing the increase in exposure etc that the game has gotten from Warcradle, it seems to me to have been a good thing.
I had never dug into Dystopian Wars or Firestorm Armada too deeply before, or bought any of the minis (partly because I don't currently live near anyone to play with) but I had long thought the minis looked fantastic, and the games sounded pretty great. I was just starting to really take my real adult steps into buying and collecting miniatures to paint and play when Spartan went under, much to my great disappointment. So to see the games being kept alive, and by the company that has given new life to the only other game I currently own, I am pretty optimistic.

Heya!  I'm Tyler from Arizona.    

Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars

WWX-  I backed both kickstarters and have been a fan since day one.   I worked for a time at Outlaw Miniatures. 

Dystopian Wars -  I've been playing for about six months.

Where do you play?

Battle Foam headquarters and my house mostly.  

WWX-  Pretty much everything Outlaw Miniatures produced and working on the new models released by Warcradle.   

DW- I am working on a Celestial fleet.  

I love love love the Iron Eagle.  Loveless a close second.  Really like Lokess too... 

Greetings and welcome back, y'all!

I play in the South Texas region and have been for about five years (I don't pay attention to the years) and my game group is primarily Dystopian Wars, at the time both naval and armoured.

Currently fielding Americans, Wolves, Japanese, Polish, Canadians, Australians, EIMC, Russians, and Invaders.

The evolution of the old FSA Independence into the Mississippi, just the design scheme changes, that is what make painting enjoyable, and a royal pain.

Wary of the new version of D-Wars, but then still stinging from the kickstarter.