Chuck

Greetings traveler's

Welcome to WWX. May the union roll out the red carpet. Here's two bits for your funeral!

Trust me, your going to need them. Maybe a touch of luck as well. 

Many of you may know me from the dark council facebook group. While other's might be new around here.

I have been tasked with helping keep the peace, In our quaint little town.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules.

Failire to abide by these could end you up behind bars, the gallows, or the local undertaker!

Hope you all enjoy!

Sheriff Charles "Chuck" Jones

On 19/12/2017 at 3:46 PM, Chuck said:

Welcome to WWX. May the union roll out the red carpet. Here's two bits for your funeral!

Trust me, your going to need them. Maybe a touch of luck as well. 

Many of you may know me from the dark council facebook group. While other's might be new around here.

I have been tasked with helping keep the peace, In our quaint little town.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules.

Failire to abide by these could end you up behind bars, the gallows, or the local undertaker!

Hope you all enjoy!

Sheriff Charles "Chuck" Jones

They let you in here too?

another from the Dark Council Group here, David "Gobrinsan" Hansford      great to see the rest of you here too! :D

I play dystopian wars and have never played WWE before.  To be honest I had never heard of it before.  Seeing how it is part of dystopian age now I am curious about trying it out.  I played the Prussian Empire which is now the Prussian Imperium, but what would I use in WWE for Prussian Imperium?  I like the idea of playing a campaign that started out with naval battles and eventually ended with skirmishes using WWE.  

Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like WWE is concentrated in North America.  It is making it difficult to choose a faction.  Any ideas?

When getting into a new game system I generally advise people to look at the whole faction cosmetically. Does a specific model catch your eye?

Each faction plays slightly different. Some make great gunlines where other are combat masters.

There are some cross overs from other factions. New posses inbound over time. Do your research, ask questions here or in the dark council group. Once your ready to make a purchase for your faction you will be set.

There are many of us that have multiple factions, allowing more use out of our collections.

We also have many purest players who stay within faction bounderies.

Once you enjoy your 1st game or demo, drop some paint on your miniatures, you're going to enjoy personalizing your collection.

On 12/24/2017 at 10:54 AM, Chuck said:

When getting into a new game system I generally advise people to look at the whole faction cosmetically. Does a specific model catch your eye?

Each faction plays slightly different. Some make great gunlines where other are combat masters.

There are some cross overs from other factions. New posses inbound over time. Do your research, ask questions here or in the dark council group. Once your ready to make a purchase for your faction you will be set.

There are many of us that have multiple factions, allowing more use out of our collections.

We also have many purest players who stay within faction bounderies.

Once you enjoy your 1st game or demo, drop some paint on your miniatures, you're going to enjoy personalizing your collection.

Thanks.  I do like the look of the warrior nation.  I read the rules for them and saw they have new models out.  I have no idea what the play style is for them.  To be honest I have never seen the game played before and don't really understand some of the rules.  Is terrain a big factor in this game?  Terrain looks like it can have a big effect, but how much terrain is typically used? Anyways, thanks.

The warrior nation are a lot of fun. Had the pleasure of playing them recently. We played a scenario that gave us a feel of the 4 corners area in arizona.

There were lots of desert patches and a few plateaus.

The warrior nation is a mix of ranged and close combat. Im still working on a balanced list.

They favor tables with a fair bit of terrain. Lost a couple of key models being out in the open.

Hope this helps as they have some beautiful models!

7 hours ago, Jsiegel1983 said:

Thanks.  I do like the look of the warrior nation.  I read the rules for them and saw they have new models out.  I have no idea what the play style is for them.  To be honest I have never seen the game played before and don't really understand some of the rules.  Is terrain a big factor in this game?  Terrain looks like it can have a big effect, but how much terrain is typically used? Anyways, thanks.

The Warrior Nation is largely a meele faction, so you'll want as much LOS-blocking terrain as possible to protect your troops until they can get into position to charge. Once you get them up-close, however, their close combat skills really shine. Especially Walks Looking.

2 hours ago, TR_Mike said:

The Warrior Nation is largely a meele faction, so you'll want as much LOS-blocking terrain as possible to protect your troops until they can get into position to charge. Once you get them up-close, however, their close combat skills really shine. Especially Walks Looking.

Thanks.

Is this where the rabble-rousers check in? 

Yann on the Dark Council FB page, though folks here wisely didn't give me any authority over the common folk. 

New to WWX, though familiar with all the games Warcradle rounded up. 

Ready to skin some iron against the enemies of the Union, foreign and domestic. 

Jsiegel, if I remember right, I seem to recall a comment from Warcradle in the aftermath of the Dystopian Age announcement to the effect that they were, at least temporarily if not completely, pulling the plans to add the Crown and Celestials to WWX. So if Wild West Exodus rules was the context you were talking about, I don't think we can expect Crown and Celestials rules anytime soon.

I think they intended to add Britain and Asia to Wild West Exodus because they had cool ideas for the factions, before they owned an IP with the global scope of the Dystopian Age. Now that they have a whole world scenario to play with and use their Asian and British ideas in, they might have felt that removing them from the western frontier of America was the best choice.
As excited as I was for the Crown, they, and particularly the Celestials, felt a little shoehorned into WWX if I am honest.

Hey y'all I'm sure I'm late to the party, but it ain't a party until the Rebs turn up! :D

I'm another Dark Council member (Tom Godson) but again I've neither applied or looked for responsibilities on either WWX outlet. 

You may be able to tell I'm new to WWX and that I've gone for the Confederate Rebellion for my first faction, and so far I've gone 3 for 3 on games against my sole opponent, who's using Warrior Nation. 

Mmm K9 Attack Dogs are so much fun!!!

On 1/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, David said:

Jsiegel, if I remember right, I seem to recall a comment from Warcradle in the aftermath of the Dystopian Age announcement to the effect that they were, at least temporarily if not completely, pulling the plans to add the Crown and Celestials to WWX. So if Wild West Exodus rules was the context you were talking about, I don't think we can expect Crown and Celestials rules anytime soon.

I think they intended to add Britain and Asia to Wild West Exodus because they had cool ideas for the factions, before they owned an IP with the global scope of the Dystopian Age. Now that they have a whole world scenario to play with and use their Asian and British ideas in, they might have felt that removing them from the western frontier of America was the best choice.
As excited as I was for the Crown, they, and particularly the Celestials, felt a little shoehorned into WWX if I am honest.

While I'm not as familiar with the Dystopian Age story as I'd like, historically speaking I can think of a few reasons why they would be represented, but the Crown would be the most difficult. 

From our own history, the American west coast had many asian immigrants and visitors, and many worked (and died) on the western side of the transcontinental railroad.   With that in mind, the Celestials would like to have an eye on the area just in case anything interesting happens.  Barring that, crime gangs of asian origination would be integrating themselves into the mess to muck things up even more.  Sure there is an Outlaw faction, but those seem to be more oriented on the home grown variety rather than the imports.

The Crown would be involved for much the same reason as the Celestials, but more spy-driven havoc variety as they try to keep the area destabilized for the Crown to reassert itself on those wayward colonists.  Not to mention, there is the Dominion of Canada, which is still part of the Empire, so a Crown influence could be felt in the more northern regions.

From there, the Russians, Spaniards, and South Americans may also be having agents involved in acquiring assets in the area (speaking from the old DW world map).

For my own self, I am wondering if I would prefer to go Union or Lawmen for this game.