Sign in to follow this  
curlydesign

Cover and base size?

So if i’m Reading the rules right.

If a model is behind a short wall (say .5" tall) and its base cannot be seen you cannot target that model with a shooting attack.

Can the model that is the one behind the short wall target models with a shoot action?

This would make for very uneven battles, and staying behind cover very good because you could shoot out but since your base is not visible no one could target you.

Is this true?

I know this LOS rule is trying to make it so people don’t just get behind cover and it becomes a shooting match of who can roll better wins. But the way it’s worded with base size and not model volume like other minis games, specifing height and volume of a model is throwing me.

Please help

Terrain page 35, it is not the actual physical height of the base flat on the table when determining cover, it is the height of the base when on its side.

On 12/5/2017 at 4:00 AM, Guest said:

Terrain page 35, it is not the actual physical height of the base flat on the table when determining cover, it is the height of the base when on its side.

Is this what the rules are referring to for climbing terrain?  It says if the base height is more than 2 times the models base you have to make a quick check to climb.  Is more than double the base height mean the actual height of the peice of terrai is more than double the diameter of the base?  Thanks.

Commented on the facebbok group:

On page 2 and 3 of the rulebook it mentions Base Size and Line of Sight. It says that the "length" of the base is just for appearance of the mini and you should refer to the width as the base size. So short side it is. Hope that helps dude!

Still hasn't been clarified to me. So I've got a guy behind a rock. Enemy is across the board, and in range. The 2 models cannot draw LOS to each others bases, the enemy model can see perhaps my arms and up on my model. Can the enemy model shoot at me? And I'm also having problems due to the fact the game does not say volume.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:33 AM, jareth234 said:

Still hasn't been clarified to me. So I've got a guy behind a rock. Enemy is across the board, and in range. The 2 models cannot draw LOS to each others bases, the enemy model can see perhaps my arms and up on my model. Can the enemy model shoot at me? And I'm also having problems due to the fact the game does not say volume.

If you see a model's base, even party, that means you see it. Of course, if something is on the line of sight the target is Obscured.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:11 AM, dzikki said:

If you see a model's base, even party, that means you see it. Of course, if something is on the line of sight the target is Obscured.

The question here is that the bases are not visible, but the figures are.

I do not have the rules to hand, but it does mention the model has an effective height of the width of the base. This would imply that there is a volume effect.