Sign in to follow this  
TR_Mike

Sell me on your favorite faction!

Now that the 2nd edition of the game has been out for a while and with the holiday season fast approaching. I've had an interesting discussion idea for everyone here:

Sell me on your favorite faction.

Why did you choose your current main faction? Was it the models? The background? The playstyle? Why should a new player spend more than a passing glance on your faction's section on the WWX website?

I'll go ahead and start with my personal favorite: the Lawmen.

They may not be the fastest or pack the most punch, but you're REALLY going to have to work to get them off the table. The Tinman special rule gives models +1 Grit when in base-to-base contact with other models with the same rule, so you can easily fortify an objective and force your opponent to divert more firepower than they originally planned on to dislodge them. This also means that the rest of your force can be used to deliver plenty of pain with a generous amount of Refined weapons (these crit on a natural 9 or 10).

So let's get to it! Sell me on your faction!

Lawmen will always be my fav, I grew up watching Westerns and can recite Tomb Stone off by heart,

At the Moment i an loving the Hex though, The big angry beasts, the whole are they the bad guys or just another Faction in a war were everyone is bad? the varity as well, i have Mutated monsters large and small, i have some really twisted Boss's and Faces with some great back story and i like that i can field a real mash up of gribblies that i can provide a fun and intresting list to play with and against for my oppent as neither of us can be sure what surprises will appear for this game or the next!

and Wendigo's are awesome :D

As someone who served in the US military for 13 years, and is a northern boy,  the Union is my top pick. They have a strong aesthetic, good solid rules, and the ROLLING THUNDAH. 

That, and if I so choose, I could field a Union force in WWX, Dystopian Wars, and Armored Clash. I like me some uniformity. 

I've yet to pick up a copy of the game  (the distributor that supplies my FLGS hasn't started stocking/restocking). I might have to cave in and go online for the Red Oak boxed set.

I'm probably going to end up going Union/Lawmen, as I have Americans from Dystopian Legions that I could easily integrate into them.

I ended up going for the Confederate Rebellion, predominantly due to the Terminator model, but also because I've always played the Confederacy in wargaming both historical and fantastical. 

For me the Outlaws faction offers you the greatest breadth of options when it comes to game play, purely thanks to the plethora of styles that each group has. So the Rebs give you some great combined arms rules, but then the Golden Army allow to add some pzazz to your force, all the while being able to take the ever beautiful Legendary Nimue figure to be your boss. 

That and being the all round bad guy means you have nothing to lose but everything to gain. 

Wyatt, Doc and the Lawbots lured me into the game during the 1st kickstarter... with all the bits added since then, and coming up, Yep, still a Lawmen!

Looking to do a Wyatt Wrangler Conversion soon... and to pick up the Infernal Investigations as soon as they release... for obvious reasons of course!  

The Rangers are an amazing set of models and with 11 hands in the box they have an added bonus... They play very hard in the game as well so almost completely replace deputies... also like bringing Carl Fredrickson along for some portal fun!  The Gyrocopter is also one of the most wicked support models in the game!