Sign in to follow this  
Warpthorn

Number of melee attacks per Strike Action.

It is unclear to me how many melee attacks a model with multiple melee weapons can use per Strike Action.

Let's use Ghost Wolf who has 4 weapons listed. 1 base to base and 3 at 2" range. If he spends an Action Point to make a Strike Action does he get to use each weapon once against the nearest model in range or does he have to choose a weapon and only get one attack per Strike Action?

The rules seem to mix the terms Shoot Action and Strike Action but that's by the by.

The relevent section seems to be-

"Then chose which weapon the model is taking the Strike action with. If they are eligible hit with more than one weapon as part of the Shoot Action (for example using Dual Wield swords) you must fully resolve each hit and weapon one at a time." (p21)

But nowhere does it say that they attack with each of their weapons in melee range so far as I can tell. Are weapons eligible by simple virtue of being in range?

It seem unthinkable to me that a 250 point model charges into melee and can only make 1 attack for his Action Point when many ranged weapons have multiple rates of fire per Action Point but that's how I'm reading it. Please tell me I'm wrong...

I think it would be 2 strikes and may just be missing the "dual wield" wording.

Looking at the card, I think the Spirit Claws should either be a RoF of 2 or have dual wield and 2 entries.

From what I have read, when you make the "Strike" action, you pick a single target model (unless stated otherwise), you then choose which singular weapon you are attacking with,  and then you get a number of dice equalto the weapons RoA (rate of attack). So for example my K-9 attack dog has RoA 2 from his steel jaws, so for one action I role two dice. However for two AP you can then attack again, so if you have a different close action weapon, you can attack with it but at the higher cost.

However I have come across some of my friends Warrior Nation guys who have two weapons but not the dual weapon rule, but in this case they usually have a RoA 2 or more to represent that. So again one action gives more than one dice roll.

I hope that helps.