Skyhawk

New ships of line.

They have updated the Blog, and have added pictures of all the new light destroyers! I have to say that the Dindrenzi one looks like a mini Retribution. The Sorylian and Relthozan destroyers look downright aggressive. And then there the Indomitable, I'm trying not to drool on my keyboard. It is a really cool ship.

I hope Spartan posts more pictures soon! 

What does you all think of these new ships so far?

Spartans newer ships keeps getting prettier. These new guys really shame some of the older members in the line up. Makes me wonder why they choose to open the kickstarter with pictures of old and out of production models that simply doesn't represent the current skill level of the company.

30 minutes ago, Fluffhunter said:

These new guys really shame some of the older members in the line up.

The indomitable's battleship configuration looks better than the Apollo and Razorthorn. Though I think the Tyrant might have it beat. The Solar is the best looking terran carrier out there.

However I think that the Templar looks better than the hauberk.

4 minutes ago, Skyhawk said:

The indomitable's battleship configuration looks better than the Apollo and Razorthorn. Though I think the Tyrant might have it beat. The Solar is the best looking terran carrier out there.

I fear our taste in terran ships is vastly different. I really like the design style of the Apollo but it is showing its age in the technical department. I used to hate the Razorthorn, it actually made me put off starting FA for several years when i saw it in some promotional material, because i though it was to simplistic and low quality. I later acquired one when i bought a set of used terran ships and its been growing on me. Perhaps i can still be saved. I'm not really a fan of the Tyrants design direction either, so perhaps not. I also prefer the Ares over the Solar!

The new battlecarrier on the other hand is probably going to be my new favorite (those engine pods man!), but i will reserve judgment until i see it in person. 

14 minutes ago, Skyhawk said:

However I think that the Templar looks better than the hauberk.

I think every terran player can agree on that count. I don't even own any Hauberks, all my upgrade pieces somehow ended up as debris markers...

Hey, to each there own. Different people have different tastes.

I can't say that I really absolutely hate the Apollo and Razorthorn Its just that I like the Tyrant the most. Though I do like like the Apollo better than the Razorthorn. Perhaps if they release the two of them with the same level of detail as the newer ships I would like them better. 

Hmmm, this gives me an idea.

3 hours ago, Fluffhunter said:

all my upgrade pieces somehow ended up as debris markers...

I think I'll use that idea.

My favorite ship with the "cruiser" name in it is the Marshal.

9 hours ago, Skyhawk said:

Hey, to each there own. Different people have different tastes.

And that's whats great about FA. So many different styles of ships, all of them well crafted. There is even a great variety in ship design styles among terran ships. Which i really like. It gives a great sense of the scale and history of the Terran Alliance. I've always imagined that it resulted not only from different generations of warships but also from different competing companies, each with its own style, betting for government contracts. A nice visual and thematic counter to the streamlined dindrenzi warmachine

But we are forgetting the original purpose of the thread.  Discussing the new ship renders just released. 

I find it cool that some factions keep almost the same visual style ie Dindrenzi and Sorylian just more detailed. Showing how they remain conservative in ships designs, but still upgrade their fleets whit new technology. While other factions have descended down a more radical design part like Terrans and Relthoza, alluding to implementation of new technologies and design philosophies. Which is also reflected in the rules,at least in the taskforce ships, where these ships have statlines and MARs that simulate more advanced warships.