Xireon

Firestorm Galaxy Expansion Kickstarter is live

Mmm i really wanna see the rest of the ships tho before i commit if not the stats.

P.S : I wish i had more moneys id pay to design a ringship dreadnought or heavy gunshup for Dindrenzi like a ring with engine naceless main hull inside the ring and like of 5 railguns in a circle around the hull pointing forward along the ring :P Cause 2 railguns is clearly not enough! And putting them in a circle was the only way i could think of how to mount more than 2.

If its going to be a revolver then you've got to block off all the Railguns barring one. So it can't fire them all at once, instead 5 or 6 shots rapid fire as the chamber section of the ship rotates to bring a fresh rail gun up to the sight and aiming mount! Even better have the revolving chamber a separate part that glues underneath - with appropriate slots at the front and back of it so you could fit magnets to make it really revolve during battle!

So what's with the big "dent" for lack of a better description in the back of the Directorate Light Destroyer?  Are these going to have add-on components to transform into other ships as seen in more recent releases?  Maybe Light Destroyer/Heavy Destroyer, even another class such as Light Destroyer/Light Gunship?

It looks like the KS is turning quite bad... When looking at Kicktraq, I even saw a day with a negative amount of pledges, meaning that people are already taking their money back. The overall KS and goals aren't attractive at all, it just looks like some kind of pre-sale, with not much added value.

It will probably be funded, but it won't be much over those 50k euros, and I'm not sure that SG can do anything to boost it.

Launching this new KS while tons of people are still waiting for the pledges of the previous DW one was a huge mistake IMHO. I, for example, could have pledged for the FA KS, but never will because of this. 

Don't forget most KS have a last few days spree so it should make it well over the 50K; though I do agree a few weeks waiting would have done a power of good with the Dystopian KS rewards being passed on. 

The negative day I think is mostly one or two dropping out; when its going slow one or two leaving can leave a gap esp if they were pledging quite a bit (a couple have pledged for the top goal which would leave a big gap if they either downgraded or stepped out). It's just leaped past the 46 point where its sat for a while. 

I think the rewards are good; most miniature KS are generally focused around a lot of stretchgoals being more things to buy and add to your pledge; its why they tend to rank quite high (when they do well) overall in the amounts generated compared to some other KS types. 

2 hours ago, Conteshard said:

have a look at the new stretch goals: now we are talking! :)

I wish they did lesser Pathogen earlier in the stretch goals because they are much better looking than the greater strain frankly which i think are very meh.

Also what a super backer Vicente Cartas   in the kickstarter said makes lot  ofsense

" Honest question. Given this change to the stretch goals, wouldn't it make more sense to just re-start the campaign? Get the new models ready so you can show them from day 1, reorganize the stretch goals and add-ons in the front page so it's easier for backers to know what they get and how to add extra stuff, and then re-launch? "

Even better if you got something like Beasts of War involved to get more Awareness FROM THE START. And you may claim tactic of slowly revealing stuff during the kickstarter worked for you with Dystopian but all it tells potential supporters is that you dont have stuff ready to show. So the more you can show from the start of the campaign the better and we already almost half way through and we havent even seen any of the new class of meds and only 1 large we already seen before kickstarter. Some people might have look at it at the start and found it lacking and left it at that. You want to get maximum impact you can at launch.

4 hours ago, Xerkics said:

I wish they did lesser Pathogen earlier in the stretch goals because they are much better looking than the greater strain frankly which i think are very meh.

Also what a super backer Vicente Cartas   in the kickstarter said makes lot  ofsense

" Honest question. Given this change to the stretch goals, wouldn't it make more sense to just re-start the campaign? Get the new models ready so you can show them from day 1, reorganize the stretch goals and add-ons in the front page so it's easier for backers to know what they get and how to add extra stuff, and then re-launch? "

Even better if you got something like Beasts of War involved to get more Awareness FROM THE START. And you may claim tactic of slowly revealing stuff during the kickstarter worked for you with Dystopian but all it tells potential supporters is that you dont have stuff ready to show. So the more you can show from the start of the campaign the better and we already almost half way through and we havent even seen any of the new class of meds and only 1 large we already seen before kickstarter. Some people might have look at it at the start and found it lacking and left it at that. You want to get maximum impact you can at launch.

Prime Kickstarter season 

Renders in progress and then slowly dribbling out

Stretch goals rejigged hard

Low publicity

Rules 'in progress'

All big negatives in my eyes too - they'll push ahead with this, I hope it makes about 70k realistically I think that's about the ceiling we're what 47k now - you may get a k or 2 more from the latest release 

But, unless things really change - I can't back - low funds, low interest locally and nothing to inspire them or me to rejig funds

13 minutes ago, Redeye said:

All other problems with the KS aside, that pirate ship looks pretty sweet. What size is it- Battlecruiser? Battleship?

Agreed. Any chance of stats, or will it be a run of the mill ghost ship?

The pirate specific rules and model sets are a higher stretch goal. 

I Hate these exclusives and they frustrate me the more I see. I just wish the business model of making great miniatures and distributing through FLGS was enough for Spartan. My FLGS is not ordering refil Spartan stuff anymore and is reluctant to do special orders at the moment. 

1 hour ago, WestAustralian said:

The pirate specific rules and model sets are a higher stretch goal. 

I Hate these exclusives and they frustrate me the more I see. I just wish the business model of making great miniatures and distributing through FLGS was enough for Spartan. My FLGS is not ordering refil Spartan stuff anymore and is reluctant to do special orders at the moment. 

IT also looks like it could have been in RSN as well . I think if we just started with renders or at least art for everything to begin with this kickstarter would have gone a lot faster as is unless we get the rest of the renders soon i dont think we ll get much if any stretch goals at this rate. ALso why cant there be a book + expansion pack pledge? Why is it focused around 2 new races. I d expect that there are more existing players that are likely to want to expand existing fleets than people who d want to start 2 new races.

Been a while I didn't comment; I was just watching quietly for a while, waiting for some news...including this Kickstarter.

I know the rules for 3.0 are showed on this forum, but it bugs me it's not really covered on the Kickstarter. Having new models is nice, but remember, they're selling the 3.0 rules for Firestorm Armada with a universe, and background books. So far, we got a few pictures about the new ships and....not much on rules, and just a time table and a few pages about the Pathogen and the Saurians.

It's not enough, we need more. Just having renders of cool models doesn't sell a good game with solid background. But in all honesty, I'm just not sure they can show much  more than what is showed so far. I also think this kickstarter was launched too soon. They should have waited to finish the Dystopian War one, so that the comments about "starting a new Kickstarter while the other isn't finished - does that mean they need cash to finish the first?" wouldn't even exist. They should definitely have put pictures of the models and more stuff about the rules and the background on the home page of the Kickstarter. It is needed, that's the first thing people discovering the Kickstarter see - and the first feeling you get is important to read any further, let alone click on the "pledge" button.

Maybe canceling the Kickstarter and restarting it anew later when everything in the first is settled and you have better preparations for this one isn't such a bad idea.

I agree they should have waited, but to stop it now :wacko:...no I think that would be worse at this point, for us long time players who pledged, it would be deflating, for a new player, that would erase credibility, and they would not likely support it round 2, we've already seen some new blood in the forums, lets not loose them too quick ;) 

I've seen KS restart before and done well; but only if they can seriously organise their marketing and if the drop time is only a few days. And not right at the end of the KS. IT's a huge risk - the bonus is possibly getting near or fully funded on the first day as you should get most backers returning - the downside is that you oft have to givve away something new to most of those returning backers to get them to return and you can lose people. Plus if you don't market like CRAZY it tends to have a null effect - instead a big marketing push plus a lot of returning people can act a bit like jump-starting a car - once it gets going it keeps going.